Free Spyware urgent please 25 infected objects found

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Free Spyware urgent please 25 infected objects found

I have AVg and Zone Alarm but am now getting Internet Security 2010 coming up and saying I am infected and my screen goes green but what ever comes up to right the problem you have to pay I have a shield in th bottem right corner yellow blue green and red any help please thank you .

Bella

It is a virus. Try this website

Try this site for help

Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Thank you Wendy will have a go now .

Bella

Comment

I,ve lost count how many times I have warned people about fake 'infections' pop-ups and not to click on them.

Spyware is not going to be stopped by anti-virus, because they are not virus' Firewalls will not stop them being installed, as the user clicks on 'yes' to the install.

Internet Security 2010 is a rogue anti-spyware program that is installed through the use of malware. Once installed, Internet Security 2010 will be configured to start automatically when you login to windows.
        It will then scan your computer and display numerous infections, but will not remove anything until you purchase the program. These infections, ARE ALL FAKE and are only being shown to trick you into THINKING you are infected so that you then purchase the program.

I am not promoting the application that this page (at the end) advises you to purchase to keep any further spyware off of your PC, but the instructions and the 'fix' is safe to use.

Internet Security 2010 is a rogue anti-spyware program that is installed through the use of malware. Once installed, Internet Security will be configured to start automatically when you login to Windows. It will then scan your computer and display numerous infections, but will not remove anything until you purchase the program. These infections, though, are all fake and are only being shown to trick you into thinking you are infected so that you then purchase the program. It goes without saying that you should definitely not purchase this program.

Basically:
        To protect from virus's that damage your pc, you need anti-virus software
        To stop hackers gaining access to your PC, you need a firewall
        To stop Spyware/Adware/browser hijackers, you need a good anti-spyware application
        AND not install files that you are 'advise to do', download software from sites other then the main manufacturers and if a little known manufacturer Google and check first.

For a better understanding, read this article
        Misleading Applications - Rogue Antispyware - Smithfraud Anti-Spyware Removal | Norton

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Oh dear Trevor,I do remember you saying something no I do keep clicking of the pop ups and thought there was something fishy when I think I must have clicked onto something and I saw money mentioned I have FREE AVG and Zonealarm am a bit worried now as I went onto the site someone mentioned and downloaded the Hijack and then sent a copy of I think it must be sites and other things I have been on bot the Site sound really good and I was very thankfull to get the name but am very nervous about these things.
          Is the above mentioned FREE?
          Thank you for the other advice I will read up
          Bella

Comment

I keep loosing my page and write up to you can you please give me instrutions what to do when I get to the bleegcomputer page have to hurry before my page goes again

Bella thank you

Comment

Well at long last ive done it thank goodness the only thing I deleted by mistake was right at the end after rebooting the Computer I had to click onto the Icon on my desktop which brought a page up I went to top of the page clicked onto logs page came up and I deleted I think it was a folder dont know how to get it back ( does it matter ) Can you please advice thank you in advance for any help. been at it all afternoon.

Bella

Comment

Trevor,Can you tell me can I get rid of the things in the Vault I have quite a few after yesturday? and can you recommend what I should have with AVG and Zonealarm hoping I can ask you these things thank you.

Bella

Comment

Enhance your defense with Professional X Edition: AI-powered malware protection, real-time threat blocking, and automatic updates. Try it now!

this is worth having and its free

Comment

Hello Val thank you for your reply I have just got in so will have a look in a couple of mins would that be enough the three AVG Zone Alarm and the other?
                    Bella

Comment

you could install this one too

Comment

When I went onto Bleepercomputers as I went through everything I had to download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware which is now in my Control box hope this makes sense my minds a bit of a blank after yesturday but I went through that to get rid of the 2010 thingy so I have that on ( what do you think dare I ask ) LOL yes It must be on my Computer now will have to check how it works then download the other if it is free thanks Val.

Bella

Comment

Val's recomendation of Superantispyware.com is suitable, though I repeat my warning.
                          There are a lot of 'anti-spyware' applications out there that claim to protect you, but infact are trojan programs themselves.

Just because it has a flashy web site means nothing, that's how they entice you.
                          ALWAYS check against such site as download.com, as they are professionsal who give full reviews and can be trusted.

Researching:
                          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I agree with whats been said.

Have only one firewall
                            have only one anti-virus
                            Have only one resident anti malware program

Some free packages such AVG ,Avast combine both anti-virus and malware protection and although will protect you, they do tend to be a resource hog which slows your pc down.

Personally I go for the individual products, that way i can choose a good standalone antivirus and a separate anti-malware program.

My choice would be Malwarebyes one of the best malware removal tools there is.

My anti-virus is Avira which currently ranks high in the detection rate.

All these programs are freeware I see no reason to purchase these sort of programs for the individual user.

The best protection you can have also costs nothing and that's COMMON SENSE and if you don't have that, no amount of programs will protect you
                            Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

I find the the 'combined' applications don't treally give you full protection any way.
                              Even Mcafee has 'anti-spyware' built in, but it is completely useless.

Researching:

Comment

I agree for many years i used AVG the most popular free anti-virus around, sadly they combined other things into a package AVG8 even my quad core processor was slowing down, I did give it a chance to settle down and iron out the initial bugs. Anyway in the end and like many others changed to other AV, I changed to avira don't even know its running.

Would just like to add this safe browsing add-on which is very usefull in detecting dodgy sites and gives you a warning if they are again its free and a worthwhile addon for browsing click here if you use fire fox or go ogle chrome you would need to search for the download.
                                Last edited by rbere; 18-01-10, 21:54.
                                Regards Roy

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

One thing to be aware of with all these 'free' applications is that they are never fully functional.

Take for instance the Suberantispyware application earlier mentioned.
                                  It is free to download, will allow a scan of your PC and (unlike many others) will also clean any infectionas it may find AT THAT MOMENT IN TIME.

The problem is that you need 'real-time scanning' so that if any other spyware tries to infect your system, it will warn you.
                                  The free version DOES NOT DO THAT, so, unless you reguraly scan your system, you could get infected an not know.

For only a small fee of £29.95 it will update to the pro version that WILL have real-time scanning. but, you need to pay an annual subscription of 9.95 each year (so no different to a commercial application you can buy off the shelf). Even free anti-virus, like AVG is a cutdown version and needs an extra payment to fully protect your system.

My system is covered for virus and firewall (Windows firewall is rubbish!) via Mcafee Internet Security centre. Annual subscription is £40 BUT... you can purchase the program (like I do) each year from outlets as 'silly prices' which gives you another years protection (This year I got it from Supanet.com for only £17.99)
                                  This even has a 'site scanner' that will check the site that you are visiting against its list of know sites that have spyware, Phishing etc threats built in them.
                                  Not a bad thing, as a phishing site is where you are tricked into entering bank details etc, so risk Identity theft. (I have an adult student who just lost over £2000 from her bamk account just that way).

My Anti-spyware protection is Spyware Doctor with full registration (£20)

Basically, there aint no thing as a free lunch, just consider how much you value your computer and the data on it AND the risk of ID theft.

Researching:

Comment

Originally posted by rbere View Post
                                    Would just like to add this safe browsing add-on which is very usefull in detecting dodgy sites and gives you a warning if they are again its free and a worthwhile addon for browsing click here if you use fire fox or go ogle chrome you would need to search for the download.
                                    I dispute the correctness of this site
                                    www.btjunkie is a well known torrent site where illegal software etc can be sourced and downloaded.
                                    It is well known for having users direct you to files that in fact contain virus or trojans etc and is flagged as a 'risky' site by most security advisors.
                                    Here's the results from SiteAdvisor.com

Ignore the 'personal user comments' as they are bias from the users of the site, the threat is measured by the application visiting the site and seeing how it reacts to their browser, so can see how safe it is.

According to WotNot it is SAFE, with a excellent rating of 92!!
                                    Ratings and Reviews for btjunkie - WOT Scorecard provides customer service reviews for btjunkie.com. Use MyWOT to run safety checks on any website.

Like I said, there aint no thing like a free lunch.
                                    Vendors of applications that you pay for RESEARCH problems and threats, have a large number of staff to do that.
                                    Things like WotNot are relying on a database of users warning them (and consider the 'bias comments' i mention above), so with a small database of users, not many 'threat sites' are actually in their system.
                                    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 18-01-10, 23:12.

Researching:

Comment

Thank you so much Tevor and Rbere I am going to read and digest all you have written and thank you for the time you have spent explaining everything it has and will be a great help to me and I will take your advice thank you once again

Bella

Comment

I have no wish to get into the old debate of paid for or free

I have installed the paid for and free versions and fixed many pc's for clients both paid for and free. Is there a big difference between two of the AVs (free or paid)? The answer is really no. The effectiveness of your free AV can be as good as your paid ones, the daily protection data base for either is the same.

What really matters to me on the antivirus I use, the utilisation of system resource, is it memory hogging, and the detection of latest virii if I happen to surf on an infected site/ or an email comes with an infected attachment.

If you compare the difference of say the Avast! Pro version, and the Avast! Home version (free), the only key difference is there’s a script blocker and interface is enhanced on the pro version. Well, the anti-virus kernel used, is generally the same and they share the same virus definition updates daily.

It’s up to each person’s comfort level whether to pay for a licence, or not to. To me there's not much of a difference at all, if you know how to layer your system with the right free security tools that are available on the internet you will be fine.

as for "Basically, there aint no thing as a free lunch"

I can assure you that i have many free quality free lunches including AV/antispyware/firewall/ and other software and as long as they continue to meet my protection needs i see no reason to pay for it.

No protection AV/anti malware/firewall /or site advisor is !00% paid for or not.

IMHO Common sense and backups are more important than the issue of free or paid for AV

Regards
                                        Regards Roy

Comment

Working...
                                        X