I have just found a marriage for somebody I thought had stayed single
    Now cannot find her after her marriage

Ann Elizabeth Wallis born 1856 Shoreditch

married a William Brown a Printer aged 23

in Aug 1882 in Islington

living in 4 Rotherfield Street Islington

not at that address in 1891

any ideas please ?????

Don't think this is right as I haven't been able to find an Ann and William that fits but

there's an Ann Brown b1856 as a patient in a hospital - down as a widow

RG12; Piece: 643; Folio 76; Page 6; GSU roll: 6095753.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thanks JBee will take a look, wish she hadnt married lol

Comment

is that 1891 JBee

Comment

Sorry yes I think so.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

I cannot find it ? dont know what I'm doing wrong but thanks

Comment

RG12; Piece: 643; Folio 76; Page 6; GSU roll: 6095753.

Comment

Looking at the image very closely (200%), the age looks as if the bottom of the first digit is a closed loop - so the 85 is more likely than 35. However, there's a lot of enumerator scrawling which obscures the info.

Christine
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks again will try to see if I can find it

Comment

Not too familiar with London district Val but there are 2 possible Ann Elizabeth Brown deaths up to 1915 born 1856. One is 1883 in Lewisham, the other isn't until 1905 in Poplar.
                    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

thanks for looking Chrissie the 1883 one is too soon but the 1905 one is a possibilty but then where is she in 1891 and 1901 ???

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                        thanks for looking Chrissie the 1883 one is too soon but the 1905 one is a possibilty but then where is she in 1891 and 1901 ???
                        Why is it too soon Val? Did they have a child that you know about? If so, when?

Comment

This couldn't be them in 1901 could it? I wondered if she lied about her age with her being older than him. Ohhhhhh I assume you would know that she hadn't lied from the marriage cet though :o

Comment

I assume you would know that she hadn't lied from the marriage cet though
                            I haven't followed this properly, but my g-g-mother shed 7 years when she got married (in order not to be so much older than her young husband) and maintained the fiction for some years of censuses, but the marriage seems to have split up by 1901, and certainly by 1916.

Christine
                            Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks very much everyone ,sorry Chrissie I was thinking they married in 1883 it was of course August 1882 so that could be right ???
                              That census records in 1901 has William as a Labourer but hes a Printer on the Marriage Cert so seems unlikely
                              Wish she'd stayed single

Comment

this is the marriage if I could read the first witness Surname it may help me find them thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                                  this is the marriage if I could read the first witness Surname it may help me find them thanks

http://search.ancestry.co.uk/iexec/?...68&pid=5488671
                                  Looks like REDRUP or REDRUSS to me.

Christine

Comment

thanks Christine I know the second witness thank goodness thats her half Sister, will see if I can find the other one

Comment

Working...
                                    X