1841 census look-up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1841 census look-up please

I am looking for a John Bartlett Shambrook born 6.8.1831 St. George in the East.

I have him on all census except 1841, if anyone can find him I would be so pleased as I have been searching for so long. I am hoping he is with his family, I know his father was James Shambrook, mother unknown.

Also does anyone know where would I find Roman Catholic marriage records for Stepney area about 1830? Looking for his parent's marriage - James Shambrook and maybe wife surname Bartlett.

Any help much appreciated.

I dont know if you have ancestry or not but I found this..

name given as John SHAMON though upon looking I dont think that this is them now.

did John have any siblings? at all and what were their names please.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

London Metropolitan Archives marriage records on Ancestry have a marriage between JAMES SHAMBROOK and TEMPERANCE BUSH 14th May 1823 at St James,Clerkenwell.I can't find Temperance on the 1841 census.

Ann

Ann
      ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
      Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

I thought that this might be a possibility..

John Shanbrack, 9 born in Surrey (but I ofter find Middlesex and Surrey interchanged in my family) living with mother Ann,30 in St George the Martyr
        Helen in Glos

Comment

there is this tree on ancestry which has him in it and his parents.

Julie
          They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Thank you all for your replies.

I have a confession I know John's mother was Ann, I have a copy of the baptism - sorry about that.

Darksecretz - not sure about any siblings. I have found a James born 1824 Poplar on the census, He has the same occupation as John on one of the census 'Iron Driller', but he could just be a relative.
            Yes, I have seen the tree on Ancestry and been in touch, but there is no further information there.

Helen - census looks promising, will now look for a death for Ann.

Comment

Working...
            X