baptism look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• baptism look up please

Hi please could some one check a baptism for me as I do not have the ancestry package which allows me to to it for my self.

Francis Woodcock born c1808 Royston, Barnsley, Yorkshire.

Many thanks,

Sandra

hi there is a christening in 1808 Fathers name Joseph but not in Yorkshire ? its in Staffordshire and think you will find the Baptisms are only for London people

Comment

Hi Val,

Thank you for looking. Because they only hint at the information it is impossible to know whether it is yours or not!!

Having said that, in a round about way I think it may have answered the question.

Sandra

Comment

they are hoping you will spend more money by taking out a better sub , when you see those possibilities.
        Good luck

Comment

IGI - C017503
          Has a few WOODCOCK baptisms just before that date:

George - 3 Aug 1806
          John - 28 Dec 1807
          Father: Joseph WOODCOCK, Mother: Rhoda HEPTONSTALL

Mary - 25 May 1805
          Father: Joseph WOODCOCK, Mother: Elizabeth ADDY

Charles - 11 Apr 1803 (youngest of 8 children)
          Father: Benjamin WOODCOCK, Mother: Hannah GLEDHILL

Christine
          Last edited by Christine in Herts; 15-01-10, 18:24.
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Hi Christine,

Thank you for trying to help. I have just been revisiting this particular branch and wanted to check out Francis. I have another sibling also born 1808. My thinking was that they were either twins or this person did not belong to the family. Based on the fact that igi has baptism entries with both parents named for all the other children I think it was a mistake.

Sandra

Comment

It maybe that the other person was not a baby when baptised

Comment

Working...
              X