death record for Charlotte please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• death record for Charlotte please

I have Charlotte Gibson (nee Andrews) born1851 at Monk Bretton, Barnsley. She marries James Gibson in Barnsley in 1868 and they stay living in Barnsley apart from a short spell in Congleton. James was born near Congleton in 1847. James died in 1904 in Barnsley and according to my grandfather, Charlotte died around the same time. I simply cannot find a death record for her. She doesn't seem to appear on the 1911 census and I have trawled the marriage records in case she remarried but I can't find anything. There is a Charlotte Gibson who dies 1903 in Leek. This person is the right age but she is definitely not the right one. I have also looked at the Staffs and Cheshire records as James had a lot of family living there but no Charlotte in these areas.

I have been looking for so long that I wonder if I am missing any obvious pointers?
    Teresa...

do you have James' death cert ? to see if she registered his death? according to the 1901 cens she wasn't that old so it is possible she did remarry, could she be living with one of her children in 1911?? and enumerated with their name (if different of course)
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie, their eldest son registered James' death and it doesn't say whether James was a widower or not. I can't find Charlotte at all in 1911. The youngest children are living as lodgers in various houses outside the area on the 1911 census. I have also looked to see if I can find a marriage for her after 1904 but nothing obvious shows in the records.
      Teresa...

Comment

there is a Lottie Gibson marrying in Dewsbury 1915...
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

I've looked on the 1911 census and located Lottie Gibson. The age is out by 40yrs. Thanks for looking Julie. I will solve this mystery one day, it's just another of those brick walls that we all hit!
          Teresa...

Comment

have you got her in 1901 ??? if not
            Charlotte Gibson
            1851-1898 aged 47
            March Quarter
            Runcorn Cheshire
            8A

Comment

Hi Teresa

Have you checked the burial records to see if Charlotte is buried with James?

Bev

Comment

Did she have a middle name? I think your best bet is looking to see if she is buried with her husband. My gr gr gr grandmother, Eliza Jane was buried under the name Sarah Jane (we have no idea why) but she is buried with her husband, and the age is right, so it must be her. The middle name and the place of burial was the clue.

Lisa

Comment

Many thanks everyone! Charlotte was alive in 1901. She has no middle name, I have her birth certificate. How do I access burial records? James would have been buried in Barnsley.
                  Teresa...

Comment

I have just been on Barnsley's website and have sent an email to them to see if Charlotte was indeed buried with James. Many thanks to everyone who gave me info or who pointed me in the right direction.
                    Teresa...

Comment

Working...
                    X