Woodgrange Park Cemetery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Woodgrange Park Cemetery

Woodgrange Park Cemetery is a cemetery that has a very mixed past, which if you have relatives there you will know all about. Having heard that the LDS had digitised the records in 2001 and that they are now availble In confirmation of this I visited the Hydepark LDS today and looked through the films that had my relatives in. Found two more graves as well. The films are in pristine condition and make perfect prints or photographs. Remember that these films can be viewed at any LDS family history centre. They give the following information; Registration no, Grave no, Square no, name and address of deceased, funeral directors, date of interment plus detailed list of costs where necessary. Am attaching a jpeg of a page to show what is available now.
    I am now left with another problem, does anybody have a plan of what is left of the cemetery, or know where I can get one without going to Badgerhurst. (the company who bought and sold off so much of the cemetery for development)

DgJay
    Attached Files
    Last edited by DgJay; 12-01-10, 20:40.
    DGJay

Have you tried contacting the Friends Association - http://www.fowpc.co.uk/
    Elaine

Comment

Elaine, had looked at their website earlier with no result, but will email them to see.

as an aside I tried putting the jpeg in as a 6x5 picture but its come up as a thumbnail is there any way to change the size?
      DGJay

Comment

To be honest I haven't really looked at the image attachment facility in the new software. I am presuming it works the same as the previous version which means that if you attach the image (via the paperclip icon) then it appears on your post as a thumbnail.
        If you want a larger image then you would need to upload the image to an external site such as Photobucket and then paste the relevant link in your thread.
        Elaine

Comment

They did sell off part of the land and disinter quite a few graves some of my ancestors/family are buried there but I already have all that information on the memorium cards that were produced for our family at that time.

I am not sure which part was sold.

Comment

Hi
            I have just found out that my grandparents were buried at Woodgrange cemetery.
            I have been given a plot number. Is there anywhere that I can apply for details with this information that I have? I am nowhere near an LDS library to look at the film. Any help much appreciated.
            Moggie
            PS The burials were 1930 & 1948

Comment

Working...
            X