Restored photo anybody know the regiment please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Restored photo anybody know the regiment please

Had this photo restored today by one of your great guys.

Can anybody identify the regiment please.

Glenda
    Attached Files

Hi Glenda, What little I know about early military uniform for what it's worth.
    The double buttom pattern on the BD Jacket is unusual and should be a point of enquiry. I know the Brigade of Gaurds have differing button patterns on their REDS but I.m not too sure that their BDs ( Battle Dress) were different too. The Grenadiers have a continues row going to the Welsh who I think have them in groups of 5s with a gap between. I don't know which has groups of 2s. I can't be sure if he is wearing a lanyard (platted cord) arround his left shoulder. If he is wearing one, I could be wrong, I don't think the Guards wore them.
    If it is possible to enlarge the the Shoulder Tabs (brass regimental initials), That too should give you a good guider.

I notice too that he is wearing his Medle Ribbons in a strange place, normally they would be over the left breast pocket. Any Sergeant in a Guards Regiment seen doing that would be hauld over the coals for being inproperly dressed!!!!!!
    Last edited by Pipeman; 12-01-10, 22:10.
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Comment

Hi

I too am worried now. 2 other guys in the photo section where I got it restored also think there is something strange
      about the medal ribbon. Does this mean he might only be pretending to have got these medals.
      We dont actually know who he is, photo in box of old photos that we are working through.
      We hoped we might be able to identify if got the regiment.
      The things you uncover when doing research!

Glenda
      Last edited by glendahewitt; 13-01-10, 10:04.

Comment

Could it be RMP "royal military police". Looks like normal button spacing to me Glenda. Rod

Comment

This is just an update
          A photographer friend of mine had a look at this photo and enlarged the shoulder bar. It is very big and I think too large a pic to post.

However we now think that the regiment is definitely the Kings Royal Rifle Corps. Unfortunately we still do not know who he is, but will keep on searching.

Once again thanks to all who looked at this and gave us some valuable clues.

Regards

Glenda

Comment

Working...
          X