1911 Mistake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1911 Mistake?

I was about to buy credits on the 1911 site and decided to remind myself what you actually see on a transcript page. It says that there is more information contained within the transcript since the 1901 census site, and that you will get details about the length of the marriage (which will help you find registration details of the marriage). I didn't remember being able to see the length of marrriage on a transcript last time I had credits, so I went to check one of my saved transcripts and I can't find the length of marriage mentioned anywhere. Am I missing something
    Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

p.s. If I decide to have a six months subscription I will have to buy it on the FMP site. Will I then be able to use the credits on the 1911 site please? As I like this site better. UPDATE - sorry, I have just managed to find the answer to this query on FMP
    Last edited by Chrissie Smiff; 12-01-10, 10:48.

Comment

Hi Chrissie,

I have just checked one of my older transcripts and it does now have the length of marriage on there.

Kelly.

Comment

Hi - I just had a look at one of mine from 1911 - if you look at No 6 - it says 'Completed years the marriage has lasted - if less than one year, write "under one".

Comment

Ahhh thank you Kelly and Naomi. I see now why I couldn't find it. On the transcript I looked at the married woman I was interested in was living with another family. It only gives the length of marriage of the main family and not the family living with them.

Comment

the main problem is that it records the number of children born the number of children still alive and the number of children dead, which has given me a number of ancestors I had no idea of , born and died between censuses
            Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
            http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Hi Mike I am pleased it tells you that, as without it I wouldnt know they had more children that had died and love to find them to add to my tree .

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                Hi Mike I am pleased it tells you that, as without it I wouldnt know they had more children that had died and love to find them to add to my tree .
                Hi Val and Mike - I've found this with two lots of ggp's....got really lucky with one child who was born and died in 1911, and I found his burial as well...finally recognised after nearly 100 years!..but otherwise, yep, frustrating without knowing names, but then good to know there's more to find! ;-)

Comment

Working...
                X