aldgate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aldgate

I ws hoping to do a broad sweep of births looking for an Elizabeth born Aldgate 1850ish;) but not sure which district to searchon freebmd. I was hoping aldgate was there but it isnt.
    any suggestions?

Well it comes under Tower Hamlets now. Depends which road it might be just beyond and in the City of London boundaries. So I'd start with London and Middlesex on FreeBMD.

Comment

Aldgate came under Whitechapel

Vikki -
      Researching Titchmarsh and Tushingham

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
        I ws hoping to do a broad sweep of births looking for an Elizabeth born Aldgate 1850ish;) but not sure which district to searchon freebmd. I was hoping aldgate was there but it isnt.
        any suggestions?
        The trouble you have with FreeBMD is that would be a really wide search probably better to do it on Ancestry first to filter it down.

Comment

Originally posted by gloryer View Post
          any suggestions?
          I would have thought that would be a rather difficult and long winded search to focus on! Presumably you have found her married and need to trace her back. Can you not find a marriage entry which might help with possible maiden name.
          Elaine

Comment

Working...
          X