Can i have help with this photo please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can i have help with this photo please

I have not done this before so I hope it works.

This photo is really bad and we dont know who it is. I wondered if someone could have a look at it
    possibly try a fix on it. And maybe somebody could identify the regiment. The button has a horn on
    the bottom of it but cant identify the bit at the top. Need to send another photo for the reverse side

Hopefully

Glenda
    Last edited by glendahewitt; 12-01-10, 08:18. Reason: updating

Fixed it best I could, don't know enough about uniforms to be able to identify it though, Sorry

Roy

Comment

Picture brill. Thank you so much

Comment

Heres one from me

Niksmum

Comment

The button would indicate a light infantry regiment being that it is a bugle surmounted by a crown. I can not get a good image of the shoulder title to say which one it would be. Is it possible for you to post an image just of the shoulder title at a high res' as this may help in saying what the lettering is therefore giving more of a clue as to which regiment that he served with.

don

Comment

Thanks. could not get a good pic. then I asked for help. these are a great improvement on what I have.
            I have tried to magnify by lose the image goes fuzzy. We thought it might have been a crown. and am unable to read what shoulder flash says.

Comment

Bob, I also think that the medal ribbons look interesting but more so because they are not above the left breast pocket as they should be but seem to be sewn on more closer to the buttons and the opening of the tunic top.

don

Comment

Bob, the more I look at the shoulder title the more I think that it could be the Durham's but that could just be me reading the first letter wrongly. As for the top row of ribbon's they appear to have an "add on" appearence to them which if they are on a bar would explain it. I just can not see them being where they are positioned if he was on parade so to speak more so as he is a sergeant so I would have thought that he would have known the proper positioning for them.

don

Comment

Hi guys

The plot thickens.

We dont know who this is. Found him in a box of old family photos.
                  We were hoping to get the regiment and then track him down.
                  There is writing on the back of photo.

Always
                  Yours very sincerely
                  A S
                  Sentry Dec 1924

A Mon Ami

We cant read if its Dantry, Santry or something.

Is it possible he could be a french soldier.

Glenda

Comment

Morning Glenda, He may be french but I would doubt it. He is wearing a standard British army tunic with British regimental ensignia the last sentence on the reverse could just be something that he picked up on in France when he served there.

don

Comment

I have now found my Mag. glass.
                      I agree the button does look like one of the Light Infantary Regt's, but which, because to me the shoulder tabs look like TY?.
                      I too think the Ribbons look odd where they are, but stranger, is it my eyes but he seems to have Sergent's stripes on his left arm and Corpral's on his left!!!!
                      Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Comment

Hi guys

Thanks for all your interest and help.

This guy is really turning out to be a bit weird.

too I thought only 2 stripes on his right, but that maybe it was the angle he was sitting at.
                        It is a real mystery. Unfortunately I cant get a high resolution because it loses definition.

As I said we dont know how he fits in to the pattern of things. Just a photo in a box of oldies, but he must have
                        meant something to someone.

Glenda

Comment

This is just an update
                          A photographer friend of mine had a look at this photo and enlarged the shoulder bar. It is very big and I think too large a pic to post.

However we now think that the regiment is definitely the Kings Royal Rifle Corps. Unfortunately we still do not know who he is, but will keep on searching.

Once again thanks to all who looked at this and gave us some valuable clues.

Regards

Glenda

Comment

This is just an update
                            A photographer friend of mine had a look at this photo and enlarged the shoulder bar. It is very big and I think too large a pic to post.

However we now think that the regiment is definitely the Kings Royal Rifle Corps. Unfortunately we still do not know who he is, but will keep on searching.

Once again thanks to all who looked at this and gave us some valuable clues.

Regards

Glenda

Comment

Glenda
                              The file size (pic 1) is very small. This is why it will not enlarge decently and we get a fuzzy image.
                              Are you (or your friend) able to scan it again at a higher resolution ? 300 dpi would be useful

I have a visual 'how to scan' ... here

~ FOR PHOTO RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN AT A RESOLUTION OF 300-600 WITH THE SCALE AT 100% MINIMUM ~ http://restoreandcolour.brainwaving.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X