A little brick wall George Thearle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A little brick wall George Thearle

My mother had a relation known to all as cousin Ethel, we thought her surname was Heath, but having looked into her history she was actually Ethel E Tearle, born jul-sept 1915 Willesden Middx reg ref 3a 439, her mothers surname is listed as Heath

Ethel became Ethel Wright and passed over in june 2000 reg district Norwich although the dob on the death registration does not match as is shown as 07/10/1915.

I am not surprised by this discrepancy as there are many around birthdays and names in this branch of my family, my grandfather Charles Ernest Heath celebrated is birthday on 18th February and always called himself Ernest Charles!!

I am trying to find a connection to my grandfather Charles Heath dob 06/03/1904 registered in Hendon ref 3a 258, I have (I think) found Ethels father George Tearle who married a Heath in Willesden jul - sep 1912 but cannot find the brides marriage record in the registers on Ancestry , or on Free Reg, Free BMD etc. The link to the Tearle name has been confirmed.

Charles Heaths father was Edward Heath born 1867 Marylebone, the family later moved to Willesden, I have been unable to find any BMD references so have had to go with Census for him.

I hope this is clear, and that someone out there can make the connection for me somewhere back in time!
    Last edited by andymak; 12-01-10, 00:41.
    Life's a journey not a destination.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

I couldn't find a George Thearle marriage in 1912. There is a George Tearle in Q/E Sep 1912 Willesden Vol 3a page 518 who married Helena L Heath. Do you think these are the same people?
    Jackie

Comment

Thanks Night Owl, I have corrected the name, it is TEARLE not thearle, it's been a long day! Just need to change the title somehow.

Currently researching: Makey (Kent), Heath & Neil (London & Devon), Pegg (Norfolk & Suffolk), Gulliford (Cornwall).... Still busy busy!

Comment

It's possible night owl, I dont have an Helena in the tree yet as the upper reaches of the Heaths get a bit sketchy. We did get them researched and I am trying to piece together the loose ends that have been left between the research and the known family.

Comment

That marriage is in the Ancestry LMA records - do you have access to them?

Jackie

Comment

And this looks like the birth

Q/E June 1889 Helena Lucy Heath Paddington Vol 1a Page 48a

with a corresponding baptism - parents Edward, a plumber and Ellen

Jackie

Comment

This is the family in 1891. (I'm posting links but if you don't have access let me know and I'll give more details)

Begin your discovery today by exploring the world's largest online family history resource!

Helena is down as Ellen. The father, Edward Heath was born about 1867 in Marylebone which was the same as your Ernest.

Do you have the reference for any of the census details for Ernest?
              Jackie

Comment

I think you have found my connection, unfortunately I don't have access to the LMA records, I suppose I will have to find the extra pennies and upgrade, I am due to renew soon anyway.

I will now see what I can find in census records I have previously found Edward and Ellen in the 1891 census and have researcher info for earlier ones, but have yet to try and find them in 1901. That will make 8 off spring for that couple.

Yes that is the correct Edward, again I put Ernest instead of Edward, I was thinking of my grandfather who was Charles Ernest, but was known to all as Ernest Charles.
                Last edited by andymak; 12-01-10, 00:44.

Comment

Am sending a PM
                  Jackie

Comment

I had Ellen down as born in 1899, but it looks like that was my typo..... it truely is a wonder I have found anyone! IS there any way I can prove that my Ellen is Helena?

Comment

This is Edward with daughter Ellen in 1901. They're now in Willesden. The mother's name is also Ellen

Are you saying that Helena/Ellen (cousin Ethel's mother) was your grandfather's sister?
                      Last edited by Night Owl; 13-01-10, 00:21.
                      Jackie

Comment

Hi Night Owl,

From the info I have that was researched by someone else and I am trying to confirm, Edward and Lucy are the parents of Edward who then married Ellen Winter, they have seven children one of which was my grandfather, I have a daughter shown as Ellen, but no Helena. There are gaps in the details and dates I have as I am still confirming them so it is possible the Ellen I have is Helena who then gave birth to Ethel......

If that makes any sense!

Comment

Working...
                        X