Selina Bullman Norfolk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Selina Bullman Norfolk

Selina Bullman was my G Grandmothers sister and she disappears after 1881 census. Any help would be appreciated.

Selina was born on 24 Mar 1866 at The House of Industry Buxton Norfolk and bap there on 5 Apr 1866. Her mother Elizabeth has at least 2 more children. Brittania born 6 Apr 1868 and dies Jun qtr of 1868 and Naomi (my g grandmother) on 13 Mar 1871. These 2 were born in Hackford (near Reepham) Norfolk.

1871 census finds Elizabeth, Selina and Naomi in Hackford. RG10 Piece 1801 Folio 104 Page 18

1881 finds Selina as a patient in an eye hospital RG11 Piece 1948 Folio 65 Page 11 and Naomi and Elizabeth in Nottingham and Elizabeth is living with Arthur Gray as man and wife. They appear on later census as Arthur and Elizabeth Foster.

I can't find anything on Selina after this. Would be grateful for any help.

Thanks
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Have you looked for Selina using the surname Gray or Foster? I have found a marriage for a Selina Foster in Nottingham in 1893, which could be her. Look on freebmd.
    There is also a Bessie Bullman working in Kew as a servant. It could be here. My mother in law's mother's name was Lilian, but when she was in service that name was too upper class, so her employers called her Ethel. Selina is a nice name, so it could have been classed as being too posh for a servant. Worth thinking about.

Comment

Thank you Lisa. Off to have a look. I thought she had just been abandoned in Norfolk, never thought to look for her in Nottingham.
      Lin

Comment

I have found the one that married in 1893 but she was born Nottm in 1854. She is on the 1881 census married to Arthur Foster.

Bessie Bulman is on the 1881 census born Downham Market with parents still in Norfolk but spelt with 2 l's.

Thanks for your suggestions as I would never have thought of them myself.

I have to agree with you about the name Selina, also her 2 sisters, they are lovely names but when you have 3 illegitimate children you would think that you would want to remain 'low key' about them, not make it conspicuous but the names.

Thanks for your help and any more suggestions will be appreciated.
        Lin

Comment

How is it that once you ask a question you might answer it yourself.

What does anyone think to this?

looked at 1891 for a Selina born Norfolk 2 years either side of her birth. Came up with Selina White with 5 year old Albert but no man living there. 1901 has her as daughter in law and the Perks family. Not thinking straight I thought they must be her parents.

Just looked for a marriage on Freebmd for White and Selina and came up with Selina Bullen and John White Sep 1888 in Mutford.

Going to find out about John Back soon
          Lin

Comment

Working...
          X