Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wild family Stepney/Limehouse, where are they now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild family Stepney/Limehouse, where are they now?

Hello all, can anyone help me please, I've been asked by a friend to pose the following question, she has been trying to find members of her family without success. And I know many heads on FTF are better than one!! mine!!>>Her question>>Would anyone know how I could find out what happened to Harry Wild c1891, who was a stoker in the RN, serving on the Victorious at the time of his marriage on 12 May 1918, to Ada Louisa Groves, b1888 St George East, and their 2 children, Rose C A Wild 1919 Stepney & Henry J W Wild 1925 Limehouse. The last address I have for the family was 229 Burdett Road 1924 Limehouse. Thank you.

Many thanks, Olga
    Olga

are you, is your friend trying to come forward or go back and find them in the census? what are the fathers/witness names on the marriage cert please? and what area was he born in?
    Last edited by Darksecretz; 08-01-10, 15:01.
    Julie
    They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

John Groves is wiitness, also Rose Bowden, who married Ada's brother, John Groves. Ada's father is also called John Groves a Stevedore/coal porter. We have found info backwards for the Groves family, she is now trying to come forward through the Wild family Julie, but we cant find marriage or death for Henry J W Wild//marriage for Rose C A Wild. Nor death's for Harry Wild c1891 or Ada Louisa Wild nee Groves. We have no other info for Harry Wild c1891 other than his father was John Wild/occ/Grocer, he was in the Royal Navy & he may have come from the north of England! The Groves family all come from Stepney/St George East area of London..

Olga
      Olga

Comment

Hi - not sure if this will help too much, but Rose shows with a G and not a C -
        Births Sep 1919
        Wild Rose G A Groves Stepney 1c 406

Comment

Thank you Naomiatt... I did wonder... it wasnt very clear when I looked it up.. Need new specs!!! :-(
          Olga

Comment

You and me both! I have a magnifying glass handy when I'm on-line! ;-)

Not sure where you live - THA might have something for the address in Burdett Road...might be able to tell you the names of the occupants from 1924 onwards...

Local History and Archives Library
            277 Bancroft Road
            El 4DQ

Local History: 020 7364 1290
            Archives: 020 7364 1289
            Fax: 020 7364 1292

Email: localhistory@towerhamlets.gov.uk

Comment

Many thanks for the info naomiatt I shall pass it on.
              Magnifying glass now at the top of my shopping list, or I could pinch one of my Dad´s next visit.... ;-)
              Olga

Comment

Do you think Ada could have re-married? Any chance they left the UK?
                (I'll have his spare! ;-) )

Comment

I have looked at the emigration on find my past no joy

Comment

They're yours N!! ;-)

Many thanks for your help. No idea, re re-marriage naomiatt, worth investigating, thank you....Maybe the family were lost in WW2, if they remained in London.... If they evacuated could be they remained in a different area, it just seems like the whole family have disappeard!? Possibilities are endless. Would the Royal Navy have records of Harry Wild do you think, ie retirement etc? We have the name of the ship he was serving on when he married, so we also have a date when he was serving on the Victorious. I've tried the CWGC but no sign of a Harry Wild who fits the bill on there, where else could I look? :-(
                    Olga

Comment

Olga B many thanks for the Help I have looked at all the Deaths from 1925 - 1980 and i cannot find anything out, did find Elizabeth Anne Dettmar nee Groves Grandson on genes reunited on friday I wrote him a message and he sent a message back on Saturday with his phone number so I phoned him he said he did not know much about the Groves, he sad his mum took him to see Ada after the war he said she was very frail and she still lived in the East End in a block of flat's he said Ada never married I told him she did as I have the Marrige Certificate,have written to the Royal Navy Research Centre in Derbyshire and they are sending me a pack to fill in.

Comment

Hi - there are some Harry Wild's for example in the London Gazette - http://www.gazettes-online.co.uk/hom...geotype=London

Comment

Working...
                        X