Nottingham Archive Look up Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Record Office: Nottingham Archive Look up Please

Would any kind soul be able to do a Notts Archive search please?

CA/TR/2/3/13 Nottingham 1914 Rate book for 14 Cumberland Place Notts
    CA/TR/1/1/13 Nottingham 1916 Valuation book for 14 Cumberland Place Notts

Am after any information relating to occupant- MRS ANNIE SMITH- a widow and possibly HETTY SANDS- the married daughter.
    Also...

C/PS/CA/11/1 Nottingham Alehouse licenses for the city of Nottingham 1904 to 1939- any reference to the licensee holder MRS ANNIE SMITH- of the Sir Francis Burdett pub from approximately 1908 to 1914.

Personal information sought on the above relative for my family tree.
    Thank you

Janet - in Australia
    Last edited by jangar55; 11-01-10, 23:00. Reason: additional info and request
    I've lost my aunty! ANNIE SMITH last known address 232 WEST PARADE, LINC'S in 1939.

Hi Janet
    Kellys Nottm Directory 1913/14 shows Mrs Annie Smith as Licensee of Sir Francis Burdett PH 32 Mount St Nottingham
    In 1905 Arhtur Wooton is shown as the Licensee.

Comment

Hi, thanks yes for the info...I've trawelled thru the trade directories and gleaned all the info as to when she and her husband ran the pub. But I need the next step now to establish her identity IF she is the same lady that resided at 14 Cumberland Place the year following her last entry as the licensee.

For that I need the licensee info and the rate book& valuation info.
      I've lost my aunty! ANNIE SMITH last known address 232 WEST PARADE, LINC'S in 1939.

Comment

[COLOR="rgb(0, 100, 0)"]Am in Nottingham this Monday - will see what I can find. Not been to records office there before so glad to have an excuse to investigate JJJ[/COLOR]

Comment

yes please, I am so delighted you may have a look for me. I want to see if the 2 ladies are the same person. There is one lady Annie at the pub and the other Annie at 14 Cumberland Pl, Thank you.Janet

Comment

ok - had a fun couple of hours and here are the results - in the order I checked/they were available

CATR 1/1/13 1916 Valuation book 14 Cumberland Place N
            Number 13 District Valuation list for the Parish of Nottingham in the Coutny of Nottingham
            (page headings)
            Number 2967
            Name of Occupier Smith, Annie
            Name of owner C. A. Hithersay
            Description of Property House
            Name or Situation of Property 14
            Gross Estimated Rental18.10 (assuming 18 shillings and 10 pence)
            Ratable Value of Buildings and other Hereditaments not being Agricultural Land15.10

(this was one of the more valuable properties in this part of the street - top value 20 and 16.10 for some stables, bottom value 11.8 and 8.10 for houses owned by Nottingham Corporation. Mr Hithersay owned 3 houses there - numbers 16, 14 and 12

jjj
            Last edited by norwayjane; 25-01-10, 20:28.

Comment

C/PS/CA/11/1 Nottingham Alehouse licences - this book was enormous and I had high expectations but nothing to be found under Smith, Annie. Checked twice:(

CA/TR/2/3/13 1914 Rate Book (entry page 135)
              Assessment number 2711
              Name of Occupier Rutherford, John (who turned out to be a tailor but that's another story)
              Name of Owner C.A. Hithersay
              Description of property House
              Name or situation of property 14 Cumberland Place
              Gross Estimated Rent 18.10
              Ratable value of Buildings and other hereditaments not being Agricultural Land 15.10
              Amount of rate at 10 in the pound on Agricultural land and at 1/8 in the pound on other hereditaments 1.5.10
              Amount of first installment at 10 in the £ 12.11
              Amount to be collected according to columns 11 & 12 12.11

........ (sorry got a bit bored here especially as this is not about Annie Smith)
              jjj

Comment

As I by this time was curios as to where she was hiding I got C.N. WRIGHT'S DIRECTORY OF NOTTINGHAM for 1913 - 1914
                Category: Public Houses
                Sir Frances Burdett, 32 Mount Street, Mrs Annie Smith

Category: Mount Street
                32. Smith, Mrs Annie, v. Sir Francis Burdett

Category: Names
                Smith, Mrs Annie, v. Sir Francis Burdett, 32 Mount Street

Same Directory for 1910 - 1911 shows the same results as above

Think same directory but could have been a Kelly's 1908
                Mount Street, 32 = Wootton, Arthur Edward......
                There was also a Smith, Mrs Annie (though not necessarily yours) at the Cricketer's Rest, 11 Hayward Street, Sn (which may be Sneinton)

Hope I've not bored everyone to oblivion JJJ

Comment

You absolute darling! Thank you so much for going to the archive and spending the time on my research.

I guess by looking at the results Annie was at the pub and then moved to Cumberland Place??? Did any of the records show any writing/signatures by Annie?

(I know the Cricketer's Arms lady is not mine)

Janet xxx

Comment

No signature or anything written by Annie herself.

I came to the same conclusion about her living at the pub and then moving on to Cumberland Place.

Happy hunting JJJ

Comment

Thank you again, that wraps up this query...xxx

Comment

Working...
                      X