Need help with this mystery thanks - SOLVED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with this mystery thanks - SOLVED

have a marriage in 1927 for a Richard Sidney Robinson aged 21 Guardsman No 9941 3rd Battalion Grendadier Guards
    Father William Victor Robinson General Labourer

have found in 1911 in The Tower of London Barracks Whitechapel

William Robinson Head aged 50 born Belfast Ireland Army pensioner Former Warden Tower of London

Wife Rosanna Robinson aged 25 born Thornham Magna Suffolk

Janet Robinson aged 8 born Inverness

Sidney Robinson aged 5 born Occold Suffolk

Cyril Robinson aged 1 born Brixton London

The parents have only been married 2 years Cyril is theirs but the two oldest were born before they married .

Found the marriage in 1909 in Whitechapel but the Grooms name says William Augustus Robinson ???????? dont have cert yet .

Got a Birth Cert for the only Richard Sydney Robinson I could find about the right time born 1905 ,but says Father Albert Victor Robinson, Mother Naomi Robinson formerly Kingshott

Funny thing is Richard Sidney did name his first daughter Celia Naomi
    Where would I find Janet's Birth cert ??? as maybe this would confirm their Father and Mother .

There is a family rumour that two children were abandoned by their parents
    and am wondering if these are the two ???

Any ideas for finding the right Richards Birth???

Thanks very much
    Last edited by Guest; 07-01-10, 19:59.

Hi Val, Janets birth should be found on Scotlands People if she was indeed born in Inverness. I have a few credtis left so will have a quick look at how many show up for you.
    Cant remember which year you can actually view the registrations online for - but I think 1903ish will be possible.
    Will report back shortly.

Comment

"have a marriage in 1927 for a Richard Sidney Robinson aged 21 Guardsman No 9941 3rd Battalion Grendadier Guards" -
      There is this birth that would be close assuming he was born around 1905/1906 -
      Births Jun 1905
      Robinson Richard Sydney Petersfield 2c 157

Comment

oh you are lovely Queenie I just tried to get on there but have forgotten my password so am waiting for an email from them
        Hi Naomi thats the birth I got but I dont feel right about it because of the Fathers name ??? unless of course he didnt know his real Fathers name ??
        Also I dont think Occold in Suffolk is near Petersfield Southampton ??? There is something dogy here .

Comment

You are in luck, there was only one registered around Inverness in 1902-1903. Hope this helps!

Janet Ruby Robinson
          1.30am, 15 June 1802
          (think its ) Cameron Barracks, Inverness
          Father : William Augustus Robinson, Sgt Major, Cameron Highlanders
          Mother : Janet Hardy Robinson, Maiden surname Nisbet
          Married March14th, 1889, Edinburgh
          Registered by : WA Robinson - now, underneath as usual it says "Father" and "Present", but it looks like there could be a "?" after the word Father, tho it could just be a very flourished letter r!
          Registered on : 14 July 1902 , Gillie Bean, Registrar

the GROS ref is 098/00 0343
          Last edited by queenie; 07-01-10, 20:06.

Comment

oh you darling how amazing thats definitely her so that means her father was not single in 1901 where I found him ??? wow thanks so much this changes everything .

Comment

ooh you did mean 1902 didnt you ??

Comment

Hi Val -" Wife Rosanna Robinson aged 25 born Thornham Magna Suffolk" is very close to Occold - yes, not near Southampton - you do get them!

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                  ooh you did mean 1902 didnt you ??

Opps, typo on my part - am so used to the 1800's ;)
                  Janet Ruby is definitely 1902

And the more I look, the more I think it's a very flourishy "r" on Father, rather than a "?"

Comment

Naomi I meant that Richard Sidney says born in Occold Suffolk in the 1911 census Rosanna isnt his mother I dont think ??? unless she had him before she married ??????????? thanks for that

Comment

Naomi I meant that Richard Sidney says born in Occold Suffolk in the 1911 census Rosanna isnt his mother I dont think ??? unless she had him before she married ??????????? thanks for that
                      Got you.......

Comment

oh you darling how amazing thats definitely her so that means her father was not single in 1901 where I found him ??? wow thanks so much this changes everything .
                        Hi Val. Don't know how your researches are going but Janet Hardy Robinson died 2nd June 1904 by which time her husband was a Yeoman Warder at the Tower. Ohter children were:
                        Margaret Matheson b 26th September 1889 Edinburgh (bit quick as Janet & William only married on 14th March that year)
                        Ellen Reid b 27th September 1891 Edinburgh
                        Grace Cameron 4th October 1896 (baptised 26th December 1896 Garrison of Gibraltar)
                        Edith Cameron b 19th? August 1898 Inverness
                        William Augustus 2nd march 1900 Inverness

The 1901 census shows a Maud aged 6 but no Grace (this could be a mistake by the army who I presume completed the forms).

Any more information you're looking for as i have some of the family certificates etc.

Comment

thats so strange Fred as although its not the right man mine was a Grenadier at The Tower of London.

Comment

Working...
                          X