Help/any ideas plse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help/any ideas plse

Hi Well I am back from my hols in the States, and have bought home a very nice laptop at a bargain at price, it's a windows 7, so I am spending time putting stuff on to it, but I can't put my 2006 FTM on to it, and looking though previous threads on here, the 'patch' for it doesn't work, do I need to buy a new FTM, maybe a 2010, would I be able to down load my 2006 FTM to it?? also tried to download Firefox, but it wasn't having that either....I am using Explorer at the mo, but would quite like to use Firefox as well, anyone any ideas please...thanks.....Lilly...:(;)

Firefox will work with Windows 7 as my son has it on his machine. Make sure you have the latest version.

Can't help with FTM, but you will be able to load old files into a newer version.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Family Tree Maker 2006 works fine on Windows7 providing you download the additional "Vista" patch.
      Elaine

Comment

Thanks Wendy, I kept trying last night to download F/F just didn't want to know, I have just had a google, and I think their might be a problem with them both, but will have to do a bit more research...as for FTM, I know when I have put my FTM disc on a new computer before it automatically load my tree from my memory stick, this time it just tells me, its already open !..when I try to load the tree onto the computer...oh well.....carry on lol...thanks....Lilly

Comment

Sounds like you're in a similar position to me.

My pc gave up the ghost on Christmas Eve so I treated myself to a laptop. I was using XP but have now got Windows 7 which I'm slowly getting used to.

I had FTM 2005 so instead of loading that I also bought FTM2010 (also took advantage of the 6 months Ancestry sub that came free with it). It loaded really easily onto the laptop. I then (well OH did ;)) uploaded my backed up family tree from FTM 2005 onto the 2010 version.

I still haven't got used to 2010 because its very different. I'm determined to persevere with it though because there are things on there that are probably much better
          Jackie

Comment

Hi Jackie, yes I am still trying to get use to this window 7 lol......

.I am going to treat my self to the FTM2010, when I get some funds!!

I can't even find out how to open two pages at a time!! I use to open 'new tab' but can't seem to find one on windows 7 although
            there must be a way, just wish I had a hand book, so at least I would know what this laptop is suppose to do.....good luck with yours...lol...Lilly...ps might send you a message next week when I get my FTM 2010 and you can tell me how you managed tp load your old FTM, on to it....lol
            Last edited by Lilly the flower; 07-01-10, 18:58.

Comment

Working...
            X