accessing emails on outlook express

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• accessing emails on outlook express

How can I access my e-mails on the laptop? They are on outlook express on the main computer.I think it should be possible but don't know how to do it!! Any help would be most welcome--give me something to do in this freezing cold weather!

Liz
    my avatar is Emily Varndell Andrews,my paternal grandmother born 1891

if you have vista on the laptop I dont think you can have outlook express ??? it comes ready loaded with Windows Mail I believe??
    I downloaded Incredimail as I dont like Windows and you can use some amazing images on it too then I imported my email addresses into it .

Comment

Hi,
      With most e-mail providers you can access your e-mails on their website, e.g. for Orange you go to orange.co.uk and login on the web mail page. But normally once you have downloaded the e-mails to your PC, eg via Outlook Express, they are no longer on the web server, unless you change the settings to keep them there.

Hope this is helpful.
      Laurence.

Comment

thanks Laurence and Val for your help.Hoping to persuade daughter to help me with this when she gets a chance.Just thought it would be handy to read emails in warm room on laptop rather than venturing into office upstairs where it is freezing cold(trying to keep just one room warm in day when only me in house !)

Liz

Comment

you need to change in outlook express you account setting to "leave a copy on the server" then whatever happens you will be able to get them on any computer using any email program (like thunderbird or opera, windows mail ,windows live mail"
          Mike in Droitwich

My family tree is on
          http://mjfisher.tribalpages.com

Comment

Many thanks Mike

that works ,now I can stay in the warmest room !

Liz

Comment

thats interesting Mike will try that

Comment

Working...
              X