A gigantic ask re emigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A gigantic ask re emigration

I am helping a friend out. He says that a relative went to America and had Mafia links. All I have is a choice of names and dates of birth. I do not have access to emigration on ancestry and this could cover 20 years.
    Here are the names in the vain hope that someone may find an answer
    Surname is Pearce. In 1911 they all lived in Peckham, London
    Born in Gravesend
    Amos born 1887
    Stephen 1892
    Edward 1896
    Alfred 1898
    Arthur 1901
    Born in Camberwell
    Charles 1903
    I did say it was a big ask

If you have actual dates of birth, you might try the SSDI to get a clue about where they could have ended up.

The Ellis island site might give you an arrival passenger manifest.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thank you Christine. Do I just Google SSDI and Ellis Island
      Ann

Comment

Hi - if you google 'passengers departing UK' it will bring you to a well known site...you can then enter each name with the year of birth...e.g there are 18 x Arthur's..14 with an unknown birth year, one 1899, one 1900 and one 1903...might help you to discount the possibilities. Of these 18, only 4 went to the U.S...and one of those went in 1929.

Comment

These work, too:

Ancestry® helps you understand your genealogy. A family tree takes you back generations—the world's largest collection of online family history records makes it easy to trace your lineage.

Create your family tree. Take a MyHeritage DNA test for ancestry and genetic testing. Access 19.5 billion historical records for genealogy research.

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I had a quick look on the 1920 and 1930 US censuses, and can't see any obvious candidates.

Comment

Just to say thank you for your advice and help. If I find him I will let you know

Comment

Working...
              X