Street name and witness please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Street name and witness please

can anybody tell me the first witnesses name and the street name for John George Miller thanks

Val - give us a ref. for those of us who don't have an Oz subscription, please.
    Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

oops sorry I forgot that have put the uk one on now thanks very much

Comment

I can't see it Val - its still the Au one
        Jackie

Comment

ooer its changed back ???????????// it just said co.uk ???ugh

Comment

Val,

Still can't get it in to it sorry...

Rachel

Comment

Well it looks like Acorn St!!! Cant make out the witness though...
              There is or was Acorn St in Bishopsgate
              Last edited by esxgirl; 07-01-10, 11:57. Reason: Add info

Comment

I think the witness might be William SMITH. There's a general similarity in word-shape for the surname between the two witness signatures.

The street name does have the same sort of shape as Acorn Street, but could be Acom, or something else, similar. I haven't managed to find a current City street called that. You might want to try one of the old-map sites.

Christine

PS - I got in on my UK sub by pretending I was going to quote the original post in a reply, copying the URL from between the square brackets, pasting it into my browser, and changing the Australian ending to a UK one.
                Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

thanks everyone thats a good idea Christine

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    thanks everyone thats a good idea Christine
                    You'd think it was a good idea, but now I can't get a sensible search on .co.uk!

I've just sent this message to Ancestry:
                    I start from the normal link: .co.uk, for which I have a subscription
                    I click on the BMD link: still .co.uk
                    I click on Marriages 1837-1915: suddenly I'm in .com.au, so that every time I try a search I get shunted to the "please subscribe" page.

It's VERY tedious. Any suggestions??
                    If I force it back to .co.uk, then I'm back on my Home page again! :madd:

Christine
                    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

that kept happening to me but in reverse, they kept insisting on me seeing the UK records even though I had subscribed to the Ozzie one hope it gets sorted

Comment

Working...
                      X