Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Portraits

Hi and a Happy New Year,
    Please can anyone advise me the best way to dispose of some portraits.
    We are having a clear out of our loft and have the following items.

2 Portraits with information on the back. They are part of a lot of family things my wife inherited from her previous M-in-Law Norah Fisher-Green, when she died, my wife was a widow when we met. She has a whole host of things, including a published book on the Fisher family . She has documentation to do with the portrates, marriage details, wedding lists of guests and presents, from the "Times".
    She feels our boys have never shown any interest in the portraits or family history so she just wants to get rid of them before they suffer from being in the loft.

George Woolcott 1784 - 1855 (53?) Married at Ambledon Church. Of 54 Doughty St. Muswell Hill

Elizabeth Fisher 1787 - 1845 Daughter of William Fisher of Ambledon and Mill End

Any personal requests about family, please send via PM
    Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Pipeman, I think you might be better posting this in Research Qs and As forum, so am moving it across for you.
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks, Mummy knows best!!!!!
      Family details I'm looking for:- Edmondson-N/Yorkshire+Salford. Wilkinson-N/Yorks, [B]O'N[/B]eill-Manchester+Ireland?, Hill-Derbyshire, Warrington-Derbyshire +N.Zealand, Makin- Salford, Partington- Prestwich

Comment

If you just want a good home for them, contact the county record office, museum, public library with a reference section. They would be able to advise of a suitable repository.

Jay
        Janet in Yorkshire

Genealogists never die - they just swap places in the family tree

Comment

Would it be possible to trace any living blood relatives of the lady? It would be such a pity for them to leave the family.
          Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

If the local records office can't help. you could try the Society of Genealogists for advice

Comment

Working...
            X