Malicious add ons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malicious add ons

Quite often when I am mainly on Ancestry I suddenly get a message IE has had to close due to an unexpected problem when I go to more info it says a ad on may be malicious ??? any ideas how to find out which add on it is thanks ???

Using the menu bar at the top of your browser
    Click on TOOLS
    Click on MANAGE ADD ONS

It will show a list of 'add-ons' that are attached to your browser.

Screen print images of what it looks like (scroll down if list is long) into a word processor document and PM it to me (you have my email I think) and I'll look at what is there to advise further.

Trev

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

thanks very much Trevor but not sure how to do a screen shot will try

Comment

just press the Print Scrn button on your keyboard to capture an image of your screen
        Then go to the word processing document and, using Ctrl and V key combination, paste it in the document

Researching:
        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

I couldnt do this as the list wont scroll down and copy and paste ??????????

Comment

IE seems to have lots of problems with add-ons causing those unexpected issues, I would suggest selecting tools, then internet options,then selecting the advanced tab, and then the reset option... then ok This will reset IE to its default without any add-ons. From here you can add the add-ons one at a time to find your / malicious add-on.

Firefox or google chrome is the way to go

Regards Roy
            Regards Roy

Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

Disclaimer:Benig distalgeesic ayn seplling mitsakes or incorrcet garmmar is puerly conicidnetal nad ni no way reflcets teh inetlligecne of teh authro.

Comment

Working...
            X