FTM 2010 platinum - publish family tree to web

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FTM 2010 platinum - publish family tree to web

I have the following website which was created by FTM 2006 - http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com...sex/index.html

Can I add to this using FTM 2010 or will it only publish to ancestry account ?

Clare

Originally posted by littlemoo View Post
    Can I add to this using FTM 2010 or will it only publish to ancestry account ?
    Clare
    Unfortunately not. The ability to create a FTM home page ended with FTM2006, which was a great pity.
    Elaine

Comment

oh poo :(

I'm not sure if people will remember but, in December last year Ancestry allowed me to update this website, after they said
      they were not allowing 2006 to publish. I do have an ancestry account, but I don't like the family tree
      it creates :(

I wonder is there any good software that can create websites from .ged files ?

Clare

Comment

Hi Clare

I've looked at a few different web builders and I haven't really found one that I truly like but I am using
        The Complete Genealogy Reporter. Once you've got it set up it's dead easy to use and upgrade your web site using an FTP program.
        You can see my site at http://www.scs.scotshome.com/

Cheers
        Niall

Comment

Clare, I found I couldnt update my 2006 any more - always not available, obviously they dont want to continue with it. Ive now put my stuff on the ancestry site and to be honest Ive found it very good. Apart from anything else, they give you lots of hints and connections information and when you do add new people its very easy to just shift the info from the records on there over to your tree.

Comment

Try Google search for a little application called 'Ged2Web'

Researching:
            FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you for your information. much appreciated

Clare

Comment

Working...
              X