Isaac Barnett, passenger to NSW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Isaac Barnett, passenger to NSW

On Ancestry there are details of an Isaac Barnett who went out to NSW. Could someone have a quick look and tell me the date as I have 2 Isaac Barnetts and seem to have lost one!

Thanks

Linda;D
    Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

1 arrived on the Bucton Castle from Liverpool on 18th May 1863 as a passenger and the other was a crew member (AB = Able Seaman) on the Aldergrove (of Glasgow) from London - arrived 7th March 1886

This Isaac was shown with a year of birth 1835 in Portsmouth

Both arrivals were Sydney - no other info given

When did you lose yours Linda - there are a few mentions of presumably different Isaac Barnett's in various other categories too

Cheers
    Sue
    Last edited by SueNSW; 04-01-10, 20:16.

Comment

Thanks for the information Sue - it doesn't look like this is my man unfortunately.

There were 2 Isaac Barnetts (sometimes spelled Barnet). 1 was born in 1845 in Brasted Kent, the other in 1851 in Hever, Kent. I have Isaac (1845) on the 1851 census and Isaac (1851) on the 1851, 1861 and 1871 census. In 1881 Isaac (1845) reappears, married to Jane, but born in Hever. No trace of Isaac (1851). In Sep 1885 there is a death entry for Isaac, aged 34, and in the 1991 census Jane is a widow. No further Isaacs mentioned anywhere. So you can see that I am rather confused by these two. As far as I can see, the only way to possibly clear things up would be certificates, unless any one can find anything else?

Thanks,

Linda
      Linda

Comment

Ooh - I think I may have found him - after answering the thread, I realised that Isaac (1845) might have died before 1881 so checked and there is a death entry for one in Dec 1851. Therefore it now looks like the one born in 1851 was the husband of Jane, and just gave the wrong age in 1881 - coincidentally matching with the other one, maybe he wanted to look older than his wife. It would also explain why he was living next door to his father!

Thanks for your help -talking about it made me look at it a different way!

Linda
        Linda

Comment

Wow - an interesting way of looking at it - from no help at all to finding your answer in an hour and ten minutes!!!!!!!!!

Glad to have been able to not? help

Cheers
          Sue

Comment

Working...
          X