medical records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• medical records

Can anyone tell me where I would apply to for medical records of an Uncle he was in Claybury hosptal Essex I think it comes under Rebridge. Would I be allowed to apply for them he was a member of my dads family and all siblings including him have died. I really would like to resovle the rumours about him and find out why they sent him there. He was a very intelligent man played the piano and very up on ecomics so I am intrigued as to what happened.
    Can anyone advise me please.
    GWEN

The National Archives has a database of hospital records and Claybury's are there (I remember Claybury in the 1980's). You may not be able to see an individual's records but its worth asking. If you click on this link it explains about the database, and then click Search and enter Claybury for more information

The Hospital Records (HOSPREC) Database was the result of a collaborative project between the Wellcome Library and The National Archives to bring together information about the existence and location of the records of UK hospitals. This information includes: the administrative details of the hospitals, and their status or type the location and covering dates of […]
    Jackie

Comment

Thank you Jackie just returned to my comp, I am making myself sort out all my family tree paper work LOL and realised it is going to take longer than first thought and was so engrossed in it I forgot I did this thread!!!!
      Thanks for your help I will check that link and see what I can find out
      GWEN

Comment

Originally posted by Gwen@coggiecorner View Post
        Thank you Jackie just returned to my comp, I am making myself sort out all my family tree paper work LOL and realised it is going to take longer than first thought and was so engrossed in it I forgot I did this thread!!!!
        Thanks for your help I will check that link and see what I can find out
        When you've finished sorting yours out can you make me sort out mine please?
        Jackie

Comment

Gwen - please let me know how you get on. I have a great-uncle who was sent to Claybury because during WW2 he started hallucinating that the Germans were over the road machine-gunning him, poor man. He was also very intelligent. He was moved to a hospital in Oxfordshire when he was fatally ill, so it was easier for his sister to visit him.
          ~ with love from Little Nell~
          Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
          X