Mary Jane Harrison

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mary Jane Harrison

Can some kind soul please check 1911 census to help me decide who this lady married?

My Mary Jane was born in Tunstall in 1885 and was at home with her parents, William and Alice in 1901. I've done a search in 1911 but she's not with them. I don't have any credit to check the 2 people she could be. I've tried all the areas of S-o-T that she might have put as her place of birth but neither of the expected people comes up.

ukbmd has 2 marriages that are possibles. 1904 to John E TIERNEY and 1907 to William T ROWLEY.

I'd appreciate it if I could find out where the birthplace for these two women is on the census as they are close in age.

Mary Jane TIERNEY born 1886 age 25 living in Stoke upon Trent
    Mary Jane ROWLEY born 1885 age 26 living in Stoke upon Trent

Forgot to say that she's not there as a single lady!
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 03-01-10, 23:10. Reason: add

mary jane tierney was born in 1886, pittchill, staffordshire. married 7 years, living at 14 knowl st, stoke on trent. 3 kids.

mary jane rowley was born 1885, bagnal, staffordshire. married 3 years. living at newcastle rd, hanley, stoke on trent. no kids.

hope this helps.

Comment

It certainly does Kylejustin. Many thanks. Just goes to show you need to check as I was expecting her to be Mrs Rowley seeing as how one of her sisters married a Rowley and the 1901 census has the said Mr Rowley living further along the same street from the one who did actually marry into the family!

This could also explain why the 1904 marriage was a civil one and not in the local church like the rest of her siblings, I reckon John Tierney was Catholic and Mary Jane did not change churches.

No wonder I wasn't getting a result if they've indexed MJ's place of birth as Pittchill. It should be either Pitts Hill or Pittshill, I didn't think to try a misspelling in the middle. My direct ancestor is her brother William and his birth certificate from the Tunstall reg district gives it as 2 words, censuses have got both versions.

Comment

well im pleased i was able to help. didnt think that pitchill was right either! thanx for clarifying that!

Comment

Working...
        X