Charles William Blackwell 1899

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charles William Blackwell 1899

Charles William Blackwell 1899 was my father's eldest brother. He appears on the 1911 census but after that there is no trace of him. He was born in Sandiacre, Derbys and was still there in 1911

He was never spoken of and I only found out about him from the census 1901 and 1911.

I have looked at the CWGC site, checked deaths of Ancestry and Freebmd - any ideas where else I can look.

Having asked for help I have found a death registered in 1959 that could be him - will have to send for the cert and hope its the right one.

Comment

Death Cert arrived and is of no help. It shows address as 80 Rupert Rd Chaddesden, cause of death certified by the coroner after post mortem and the informant as ' E M Taylor causing the body to be buried' with their address. Any ideas where I can go from here?

Comment

I wonder if E M Taylor's address might give a clue. "Causing the body to be buried" is usually because the person died in hospital or a care home without known relatives. Does the death certificate give a plausible date of birth or age?
        Uncle John - Passed away March 2020

Comment

Yes it shows age 59 he died in January 59, he was born in 1899 3rd quarter

Address of EM Taylor looks to be a private house

Comment

Is this a possible marriage?

To Annie E Guilford, Oct-Nov-Dec 1926, Shardlow Vol.7b Page 1122

Can't find any children.

Comment

It could be - only one in the right area. Only thing to do is send for the cert and hope that his father is showing as Isaac Blackwell.

Comment

Just like "Heir Hunters".

And here's a possible death for Annie in roughly the right area:

Annie Ellen E Blackwell
                Born 26 Mar 1902
                Death Registration Jan 1992
                Sandwell Vol 33 Page 1211

Comment

Thanks will check it out

Comment

Working...
                  X