after 1881 please.

RG11 Piece 4431 Folio 115 page 43

Samuel Firth age 28 born Tong, Yorkshire - stuff finisher
    Mary E Firth 27
    Sarah E Firth 7
    Charles Firth 3
    Walter Firth 1
    Jane Firth ?

I've struggled with this family for quite awhile - can't find a death with correct age for Sam so wonder whether he's mistranscribed.
    Last edited by JBee; 02-01-10, 18:40.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1915
    about Samuel Firth
    Name: Samuel Firth
    Estimated birth year: abt 1853
    Year of Registration: 1914
    Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
    Age at Death: 61
    District: Halifax
    County: Yorkshire - West Riding, West Yorkshire
    Volume: 9a
    Page: 590

A POSSIBLE DEATH ????
    Last edited by Janet H.; 02-01-10, 20:06. Reason: ADDING INFO

Comment

Thanks Janet - unfortunately I can't tell if its him as there are several Samuel Firth's born c1853 (which is a real pain) - my Samuel was born in Tong which is part of Bradford but I can't find him after 1881 - I think I may have found a death for his wife Ruth in 1894 in N.Brierley which is also part of Bradford now. If this is correct I still can't find any of them in 1891.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
        Thanks Janet - unfortunately I can't tell if its him as there are several Samuel Firth's born c1853 (which is a real pain) - my Samuel was born in Tong which is part of Bradford but I can't find him after 1881 - I think I may have found a death for his wife Ruth in 1894 in N.Brierley which is also part of Bradford now. If this is correct I still can't find any of them in 1891.
        Jbee - You say above that you think you may have found a death for his wife Ruth?? Did you mean his mum or did he have another wife??

Comment

Sorry getting myself in a tizzwaz - am rushing to tie up everything before I go up north next week and only getting myself more stressed and confused.

I was looking for Samuel and his family as well as his parents William and Ruth Firth who also disappear after the 1881 census. Wonder if they're all hiding together somewhere!!

Between 1852 and 1854 there are 3 Samuel Firth's born in Bradford, 3 in Halifax (connections there too) and 1 in Wakefield - they're as bad as Smiths in that neck of the woods. I was hoping to sort out who was the witness at my grandfathers wedding in 1921, was it this one, his son or grandson bearing the same name??? Pity witnesses don't give their ages and addresses!!!

Comment

Yes,Check your PM. Regards Tony

Comment

Thank you so much Tony - have pm my email addy.

Now know what it looks like when there's a message in my box - was wondering how I would see.

Comment

Thank you Tony for sending me the information yesterday and additional information today - really appreciate it especially as I can't find much of the info on ancestry.

Comment

Hi JBee
                  I am very interested in your connection as this is my great great grandad, according to my great grandads wedding certificate, Samuel Firth was a bassoon player. He had a lots of children, one son was called Samuel Firth born in 1899. This samuel Firth died at the age 86 in the Bradford football club fire. He was once their chairman and am avid fan. Can you tell me what connectio your family is as I am struggling myself with some of this side and we may be able to help each other. My tree is currently on ancestry and main family are the Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by JBee View Post
                    Thank you so much Tony - have pm my email addy.

Now know what it looks like when there's a message in my box - was wondering how I would see.
                    You can also get a notification to your email address that you have a PM but you need to set this as one of your preferences.
                    Margaret

Comment

Working...
                    X