Kinship report - FTM2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kinship report - FTM2006

Found a bit of a problem & don't know how to fix it.

Trying to do a kinship report for my OH's gt gt grandmother... shows most of who you'd expect to see, EXCEPT that OH's mother isn't included, so none of her children are either. She is a direct descendent on the female side, not a married-in.

What's strange is that if I do a descendents report, she DOES show up, complete with her children & grandchildren.
    She also shows up, together with her ancestors, if I do OH's tree.

Have investigated the entry for her & I can't see anything wrong.

Haven't found this problem with anyone else.

Any ideas?
    Vicky

Vicky - do a relationship check between the two individuals - OH's gt gt grandmother and OH's mother - using the relationship calculator.
    What does it say?
    Elaine

Comment

just what I'd expect.

Mary G.. is the grandmother of Ellen T...

Civil II Canon 2
      Nearest common relative Annie H...

It doesn't matter which name is put in first either, it looks fine the other way round.
      Last edited by Vicky the Viking; 02-01-10, 15:45.
      Vicky

Comment

Are you including enough generations which would be needed to show her?
        Elaine

Comment

Kinship report does show Ellen T's brothers & sisters & their descendents, its just that Ellen & her descendents are missing. There's no second husbands or wives or anything to mess things up. Just seems as though there is a problem with the relationship.

What I can't fathom is why the descendents report, and the ancestor trees, are perfectly OK.
          Vicky

Comment

didn't know I could choose No of generations for a kinship report

But is showing OH's cousins, which are the same number as he is of course, plus their children (is that 4 generations?)
            Last edited by Vicky the Viking; 02-01-10, 16:25. Reason: sp
            Vicky

Comment

Do you have an option for number of generations - I´m looking at FTM 2006 where there is (on Contents tab)
              If you do, click on it and disable display only natural parent relationships - just to see if it make any difference.
              If she then appears it would mean that somewhere in that line you have an error with parentage.
              Elaine

Comment

showing default No of generations (10) & natural parents.
                Vicky

Comment

guess what - have unticked "natural parents" and its added her in.

** runs off wondering why she's not listed as natural **

she wasn't the oldest child...
                  Vicky

Comment

Then there must be an error someone in the line between OH´s mother and OH's gt gt grandmother
                    Work up the line, one generation at a time and check the relationship between OH´s mother and her parents, then up to the next generation - use the relationship calculator and check both parents (mother and father)
                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks for your input Elaine, have fixed it.
                      I detached her from her parents, then added her back in, and it all seems fine now.

All I can think is, for some reason when the tree was first imported into FTM, it didn't flag her as a "natural" child. I suspect I may well find others with similar problems when I look in detail. Good job I've done most of the tree in FTM: there were probably only a couple of dozen names in the first tree that was imported as a GEDCOM. ( Now if I can only work out who they were, so I can check them all)
                      Vicky

Comment

Working...
                      X