Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question...

Hi

I have spent half an hour staring at Ancestry to try working out how to do this, but I am getting nowhere (but I'm sure I've done it before!) hope someone can help me...?

I have saved a jpg image of a census page, but didn't make a note of what year it is from. It says on the side HO107 / 330 / 4 which I know is the reference, but where do I put that in on Ancestry to find the page again?

Help!!

TIA,
    Rachel

Originally posted by Rachandgarry View Post
    Hi

I have spent half an hour staring at Ancestry to try working out how to do this, but I am getting nowhere (but I'm sure I've done it before!) hope someone can help me...?

I have saved a jpg image of a census page, but didn't make a note of what year it is from. It says on the side HO107 / 330 / 4 which I know is the reference, but where do I put that in on Ancestry to find the page again?

Help!!

TIA,
    Rachel
    Yours is the 1841 or 1851 census

The census records at the PRO are classified under the following: 1841 HO107 / 1851 HO107 / 1861 RG9 / 1871 RG10 /1881 RG11 /1891 RG12 / 1901 RG13
    Last edited by TrevorFranklin; 01-01-10, 23:29. Reason: Clear up mess from a copy and paste fiasco

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thank you so much Trevor Franklin, that's what I needed to know!

(p.s. had to laugh at the 'fiasco' lol)

Rachel

Comment

Rachel

I only know how to do this on the old style search page on Ancestry as I don't use the new style search.

Go to the 1851 census search page, scroll down the page and you will see where to enter the page and schedule number to find your image again. It often helps to put in the surname on the search page but you don't really need to!

OC

Comment

Originally posted by Rachandgarry View Post
          Thank you so much Trevor Franklin, that's what I needed to know!

(p.s. had to laugh at the 'fiasco' lol)

Rachel
          Source of info
          FREE UK Family History Forums, Genealogy Forums & Ancestry Community

Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Thanks OC! Ancestry hates me full stop, regardless of which style search I use hee hee (e.g. I ask for Selwyn, I get records for Postlethwaite, etc) just kidding, I know its all part of the fun!

Rachel

Comment

Oh fiddlesticks, that census piece is missing in 1851!!!

Well, at least I can stop looking.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Comment

Working...
              X