Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Clownes and Revels and merriement and......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clownes and Revels and merriement and......

Well not exactly - my problem is with the Revel/Revill family of Clowne, Derbyshire. I have managed to trace this family back to George Revel baptised in Clowne 1693, whose parents were George and Elizabeth.

Francis was fined by the Court Leet at Clowne for non-attendance in 1658 and died in 1679. His widow, Jane, is recorded as a tenant at Clowne.
    Can anyone explain the above quote to me please?

Also - apart from the various mentions on the above site (
    Well not exactly - my problem is with the Revel family of Clowne, who I have managed to trace back to

Francis was fined by the Court Leet at Clowne for non-attendance in 1658 and died in 1679. His widow, Jane, is recorded as a tenant at Clowne.
    Can anyone explain the above quote to me please?

Also - apart from the above site, ( http://www.rotherhamweb.co.uk/revill/Part4TheRevellsofDerbyshire.pdf ) can anyone find another reference to the Revell Family of Morton, Derbyshire having any connection with Clowne, Derbyshire?
    Last edited by Barbara Dodds; 01-01-10, 21:02. Reason: to try and get the text size readable
    Barbara

From the National Archives site:

[no title] D3155/6332 17th Jul. 1621

These documents are held at Derbyshire Record Office

Contents:
    Release: Ed. Revell of Brookhill, Derbys esq., John Waldram of Edwalton, Notts, esq. Roger Columbell of Brimmington, gent. and John Wright of Toustead, yeo. (execs. of will of Peter Columbell of Kegworth, Leics. to Roger Columbell of Darley, esq. (son and heir of Peter) and Ed. Darling of London, c. and vintner of 2nd part and Sir Peter Frechville of Staveley of 3rd part; a 4th part of the Manor of Barlborough and other lands in Derbys., Darley, Kegworth, Leics, Sutton, Notts., Cresswell, Harlesthorpe, Whitwell, Clowne and Killamarsh
    Places: as underlined. W: Matt. Bate, jnr Ralph Newham, Robt. Marshall, Robt. Browne, Peter Hitch

Comment

Comment

Thanks Mary - a bit more food for thought there I see.
        Barbara

Comment

Barbara I to have Revills in Derbyshire wonders if we have any mutual rellies here ;;

edit just had quick look in gedcom part and carnt see any ahh never mind ;;
          Last edited by borobabs; 02-01-10, 09:56.
          borobabs passed away March 2018

Comment

Ooh Babs that would have been intersting. It might just be that I haven't found the coonection to your Revill's yet of course.
            Barbara

Comment

Working...
            X