Alice Kate Woodman

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alice Kate Woodman

Please can somebody help find Alice Kate Woodman born Alverstoke 1853 to George Woodman and Isabella Cleverly. Can see her in service in 1871 census and marrying Robert Francis Blake in Alverstoke in 1879 and then the trail goes cold!
    Many thanks
    Di

Hi Di - This is a tricky one!!! So far nothing! I'll keep looking though - Do you know anything else about her?

Comment

No, afraid not. She was my great-grandfathers sister and would expect her to be in Gosport area.
      Di

Comment

OH, I have Cleverlys from Portsea etc in my tree! I'll get back to you!
        Elizabeth
        Research Interests:
        England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
        Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Do you have the marriage cert to know how old Robert was and what his occupation was at time of marriage?
          WendyP

Comment

I see Isabelle Cleverly was the daughter of William and Martha Cleverly. IGI have her christened in 1817 in Alverstoke.

There must be a connection with my Cleverlys somewhere, but not sure how. Henry Coury Cleverly, parents Richard and Mary, married Annie Mary Hatch in 1881 in Portsea. He was born in Gosport. My great-great-grandmother was Charlotte Jane Hatch and the Cleverly connection comes through her brother William.

I'm sorry, I haven't found Alice after her marriage.
            Elizabeth
            Research Interests:
            England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
            Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

I think I had the wrong marriage even. Have given up on her! But, Isabella had a brother William born 1812 in Gosport!
              Di

Comment

Working...
              X