Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to research an Actor?

Hi,

I am trying to find some information about an actor who appeared in the film "Saturday night and Sunday morning" in 1960.

I am trying to find where this actor was born and year of birth but unfortunately, I am not having any luck.

I have googled the actors name but all I can find is other films and TV series that he appeared in. Has anyone got any advice of how I can find any more information?

Kind regards

Kelly.

The IMDb (Internet Movie Database) may have more details. If you put the actor's name in the search box it should give some biographical details. The amount of information varies and there is usually more info for very well known actors but it often has details like where and when they were born

IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. Find ratings and reviews for the newest movie and TV shows. Get personalized recommendations, and learn where to watch across hundreds of streaming providers.
    Jackie

Comment

Public information about actors may not be accurate and also they may have changed their name when they entered the profession. Being a 1960's film its less likely they did of course. A lot have to change names because somebody in Equity is already registered in their name.

So I think the first thing is to establish their real name.

Comment

Hi Jackie and Nightowl,

Thank you for your help, it is truly appreciated.

I have tried the IMDb but unfortunately, it doesn't give any information concerning where he may have been born and when. :(

All I have at the moment is the actors name.

From what I have read about the film, "Saturday night and sunday morning", it was filmed in Nottingham, do you think the Nottingham Archives may be able to help?

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

Have you tried Wikipedia?

Comment

Hi Mary,

I have tried Wiki but that has only got information that I all ready know. There is no personal details concerning him.

Kind regards

Kelly.

Comment

whats his name ?

Comment

Have you tried contacting Equity -they may have details on him. They have a web page which will give you their e-mail depending upon which branch you want.

Linda
                Linda

My avatar is my Grandmother Carolina Meulenhoff 1896 - 1955

Comment

Hi Linda,

I haven't contacted Equity, I will go and find an email and send them a message, thank you for your help.

Kind regards

Kelly.

Hi Val,

I will send you a pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                    whats his name ?
                    I was trying not to ask that but I would like to know too ;D

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                      I was trying not to ask that but I would like to know too ;D
                      Pm sent. ;)

Comment

well I'm nosey LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
                          well I'm nosey LOL
                          :D:D

Comment

Saturday Night and Sunday Morning (1960) cast and crew credits, including actors, actresses, directors, writers and more.

he is mentioned here

Comment

Known for: Cards with Uncle Tom, Saturday Night and Sunday Morning, Shooting Star

this tells you all the things he appeared in

Comment

I wonder if he has a fan club ????

Comment

Hi Val,

I had found the info on IMDb, there is also another website which has some of his acting career on. In one of the films he plays the main characters father and his on screen wife was born 1899, so I think it is likely that Frank would have been a similar age to her.

I will have another google for fan clubs.

Kelly.

Comment

Working...
                                  X