1901 look up please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1901 look up please

Please can someone look for the address in 1901 for Grace Stansfield, born Rochdale, 1898?
    If it's not too much of a cheek I really need her address in 1911 too, by which time she appears to be using the name Gracie.

Thanks very much
    Cath.

1901 address
    10 Houghtrede Street, Rochdale
    parish - Balderstone St Mary
    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine. In case you hadn't guessed she later became Gracie Fields.
      Cath.

Comment

Oh, it hadn't occurred to me! Is she in your family tree or are you just researching her out of interest?
        Elaine

Comment

In 1911 there's a 13-year-old Gracie, b Rochdale, with her family (parents Fred & Sarah Jane) at 45 Kenyon St, Rochdale

Christine
          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Thanks Christine.

Elaine; no she isn't a family member but does have "family friend" connections which I'm trying to unravell. She was born over a chip shop in Rochdale on the same street in which my great grandfather had a business. I know my mother's cousins played with her as children. Then in c1923 my mother was sent to live with a Mr. & Mrs. Stansfield who owned a chip shop in Rochdale. I've often wondered if the two Stansfield families were connected and wathching recent TV programmes about Gracie brought it back to mind.
            Cath.

Comment

Working...
            X