Anybody around with Ancestry World?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody around with Ancestry World?

Can anybody help with a passenger list look up? I have a family in West Ham on the 1881 Census and Quebec in 1891. (See below). From latter Canadian Census records the date of emigration is given as 1881. There is a record for a 'Miss Betrice Belanger' that caught my eye on Ancestry and may relate to them. Unfortunately I only have UK package. If anyone can find them going over and furnish details much appreciated.

1881 Census: 24 Sandal Street, West Ham, Essex

George Bellenger 40, workman at Dyers, Bethnal Green, Middlesex
    Elizabeth Bellenger 38, Mile End, Middlesex
    George Bellenger, 11, Goswell Road, Middlesex
    Edwin Bellenger. 9, Bishopsgate, London
    Elizabeth Bellenger, 7, Shoreditch, Middlesex
    Albert Bellenger, 5, Shoreditch, Middlesex
    Lilian Bellenger, 3, Chelsea, Middlesex
    Beatrice Bellenger, 10 months, Stepney, Middlesex

---------

1891 Census: Montreal City, District 7, Quebec, Canada

George Bellenger, m,49, Born England, English mother and father, Religion C of E,
    Elizabeth Bellenger, f, 48, wife, Born England, English mother and father, Religion C of E
    George Bellenger, m, 23, son, Born England, English mother and father, Religion C of E
    Elizabeth Bellenger, f, 18, daughter, Born England, English mother and father, Religion C of E
    Albert Bellenger, m, son, 16, Born England, English mother and father, Religion C of E
    Lilian Bellenger, f, 13, daughter, Born England, English mother and father, Religion C of E
    Beatrice Bellenger, f, 10, daughter, Born England, English mother and father, Religion C of E
    Stanley Bellenger, m, 7, son, Born Canada, English mother and father, Religion C of E

There is a Beatrice B on an incoming passenger list in 1911 from Canada to Liverpool.
    She is aged 30.
    Is this your girl?
    herky
    Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

I will PM you with some more details.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Hi Herky

Yes that is her. I have that record, as UK package allows me the incoming passengers to U.K just not the Candian lists which is what am hoping for. As an aside, according to family lore, apparantly sadly she died just three years after that, in 1914, presumably back in Canada as can't find the death listed here.
        Last edited by Richard; 31-12-09, 15:32.

Comment

"Miss Betrice Bellanger Port of arrival Halifax, Nova Scotia"

This is the record I though may relate to them emigrating out there in 1881 (though it doesn't show the date unless you are on the world package). If anyone could find the details of that would be much appreciated thanks.

Comment

Richard - I have a death for her - do you have it? if it is the correct girl.
            herky

Comment

Yes - I now see it - different spellings give different resullts.
              herky

Comment

Hello Herky. All I have so far is the family Lore that she died around 1914..no other details, so would certainly appreciate them if is her,

Comment

Richard I will PM you with the death - it is in 1912 so about right for your family lore.
                  herky

Comment

Thanks Herky have sent you a PM.

Comment

Hi

I noticed on the passenger list your Beatrice was a Nurse. I see her also in the uk 1911 census as a Trained Nurse bn London age not known. This Beatrice was in staying in Northampton.
                      WendyP

Comment

Thanks Wendy, that sounds like it is her.

Comment

Richard - not sure if you have had an answer to your original question by PM - but the ref to Beatrice on the Canadian Passenger lists looks to be for her return to Canada in 1912 - the image is a bit blurry (or I had a bigger NYE than I remember - LOL) but she looks to be shown as 31 - last entered Canada in 1910 at Montreal - a returning Canadian - nurse - heading for Montreal. She is aboard the Royal George - arriving 30th March - from Avonmouth

I've had a look on the outgoing records for this voyage to see if there was any more info - but if she is recorded on the manifest of the vessel (that left on 23rd March) she hasn't been indexed correctly on FMP - and as there are 28 pages to look through - I might leave that for someone else!!

The original departure of the family in 1881 is too early for the FMP records that don't start till 1890

Cheers
                          Sue

Comment

Thanks Sue

Herky was kind enough to send me that one through and several other very interesting references to the family, though yes am currently still looking for the familys originaly voyage out there circa 1881/82. I think the incoming Canadian lists on Ancestry predate the U.K ones and start at 1865 so in theory they should be on there somewhere....though the name could well be mispelt Bellanger/Belanger/Bellinger etc!

Happy New Year
                            Last edited by Richard; 08-02-10, 20:07.

Comment

Working...
                            X