Albert Ernest Bradbury and Family

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Albert Ernest Bradbury and Family

Some time after 1886, but before 1890 (as no record of emigration is to be found), the Bradbury family comprising Thomas (1849 Longton Staffs), his wife Mary 1850) and Henry/Harry (1882) and Reginald (1884) went to South America.

I have a record of what may be the passport application, made in 1886.

I have two queries:

Can anyone spot the eldest son,Albert Ernest (1881) in the 1891 English census? He's not on the incoming passenger record of 1894, so I presume he was left in England and he re- appears in 1901.

Secondly, the1894 incoming passenger list gives Henry/Harry, Reginald, plus three other children born in South America, but with John Bradbury aged 45 and Alice Bradbury aged 44. These are the same ages as Thomas and Mary would have been, but why the change of name? :conf:

Any offers gratefully received!!

Gwyn
    Freya - a lovely, funny human-friendly disaster waiting to happen....

found him in 1881 but not 1891 yet I assume you have him in 1881 but his is only with Mum and servant age and place of birth fits. Mary is a China Manufacturers Wife.
    Albert E. Bradbury
    Relation: Son
    Mother's Name: Mary
    Where born: Dresden, Staffordshire, England
    Street Address: 36 Peel st
    Household Members: Name Age
    Mary Bradbury 30
    Albert E. Bradbury
    Fanny Marfleet 16
    GWEN

Comment

I agree, Gwen - I found that too. Thomas was in London in 1881 (RG11 Piece 375 Folio 15 Page 24) - well, I think it's him, although it states that he was born in Dresden, not Longden. The info fits, although I'm a bit puzzled where it says 'Relation - Brother (Head)'. I can't see that he's 'Head' of anything and can't see any possible brother - but, I digress...........

Gwyn

Comment

For Thomas on the 1881 it's quite clearly 'Boarder' in the relationship column on the original (Ancestry). And coming from Stoke on Trent myself, I can happily confirm that Dresden and Longton are two suburbs that border each other, and indeed, run into each other. Many addresses from that area are quoted as ' 10 Such a Street, Dresden, Longton, Staffs'. Dresden is now essentially the area sounth of the main carriageway into Stoke, and Longton the area north of it. www.thepotteries.org is a fab site on Stoke history. HTH

Kate x

Comment

Thanks Kate - it's OH's tree and I should have asked him about the areas, but .......

So, it looks like it was Thomas in London - that's a step forward anyway.

Gwyn

Comment

Working...
          X