Windows live contacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows live contacts

Please can you tell me how to EDIT a Windows Live Contact (using Windows 7). I have been trying to do this for a friend today and she particularly wanted to amend the home address.

I am used to doing this in Windows Contacts - Vista using the Outlook Express 7.

Thank you
    Margaret N
    DOGS HAVE OWNERS ~ CATS HAVE STAFF

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

does it differ then Margaret I would have thought the method was the same ???

Comment

Hi Val,

It looks the same to me but for some unknown reason nothing happens the Edit button just does not switch on so to speak. Will try again tomorrow.

Pleased that I am able to get back onto the site. The quick reply text is clearer than a few days ago but still hard to spot a typing error until I have posted the message.
      I have been able to increase the size of text to read the messages. Pity I did not spot that things were changing but you cannot read everything.

Just goiing to look around for a different FT programme. I have a job understanding FTM probably because I spend so little time using it and I expect to work instantly.

Happy New Year.
      Margaret N

Researching:- WILBURN from Yorkshire/Kings Lynn, London. NEWMAN from Dover/Reading. DOUGHTY from Portsmouth. ROGERS from Bethnal Green. Rumbelow from Norfolk

Comment

Margaret if you click that Green arrow to the right of your message its a spell checker
        Happy New Year to you too

Comment

There is no difference in editing contacts whether you are using XP, Vista or Windows 7
          ( I have all three on different systems for teaching purposes)

Trev

Researching:
          FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Trevor,
            Thank you for your reply will pass it on. The friend in question is a very experienced computer person so hope it helps.

Val, T
            Thank you, that is a useful tip. Also how can we tell who is on line now we used to have a Green Icon.
            Last edited by Margaret N; 01-01-10, 21:14.
            Margaret N

Comment

its now that little dot by your name Margaret tis hard to see Happy New Year

Comment

Trevor,

I thought all was well with Windows Live yesterday. This is the message that I received from my friend today:

Margaret
                Thank you for your research but I do not believe it is to do with my computer - I had to install Windows Live Mail myself. I can edit address in the Contacts bit of Windows Live Mail but only the first line!!!

I have since discovered that Windows Fax and Scan (part of Windows 7) also has a contacts function which does look just like the Outlook Express address book and and can be fully edited BUT this address book is not available to the Windows Live Mail!!! Seems to be lack of joined up thinking.
                Last edited by Margaret N; 01-01-10, 21:12.
                Margaret N

Comment

Working...
                X