Mordy Collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mordy Collection

Has anybody used the Knowles and Mordy collections for Jewish research and if so, how?!!
    Di

I haven't done so. I did a bit of googling and found this on the FamilySearch info pages for "Jewish Family History Resources":
    Knowles Collection Updated!
    The Knowles Collection contains information for thousands of Jews from the British Isles. Building on the work of the late Isobel Mordy, the collection links individuals into family groups. More names are added continuously. The collection is available as a PAF or a Gedcom file that can be viewed and edited with the free PAF genealogy software (right column).
    PAF Format: Knowles Collection Last updated: October 2009
    Gedcom Format: Knowles Collection Last updated: October 2009
    I'd be interested to know what they could offer, for the sake of my niece's tree.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Moggie had a look, but she couldn't find how to crack the code! One of my Ancestry contacts even went to a lecture on it and came out more confused than ever!
      DI

Comment

a member here Naomiatt knows about jewish stuff, she is in Aus, but has helped alot of members with some their queries, perhaps a PM to her might be an idea?
        Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Hi Di
          If anybody's bored they can read all about it at the following link. Good luck. I did manage to work out how to get the entries into alphabetical surname order.
          Moggie

Comment

Took me three attempts to get "O" level maths and then I dated the maths masters son!
            Di

Comment

Working...
            X