Will question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will question

I want to get a will that is less than 100 years old, if i order it will anyone be informed that i have ordered it?
    Also a question i have always wondered if on a will it is broken down saying A gets 2% B gets 10% etc would you ever be able to find out what the percentages were?
    Last edited by jennie; 28-12-09, 18:12. Reason: seriously bad spelling
    Jen

Jennie

Once a Will has been proved, it is in the public domain and anyone may look at it (for a price, lol) and no one will be informed.

Once a Will has been proved, it should have the total value, gross and net, of the estate of the deceased and you can then convert the percentages into actual money received.

OC

Comment

Thankyou OC. That is interesting best get my bank card out and get one ordered then.
      Jen

Comment

Earlier 20th century wills give the amount of the estate on the grant of probate, you can ask for the grant at the same time as you order the will for no extra cost

Comment

Thanks Jill this will is 2 years old.
          Jen

Comment

Jennie

Do you know if probate has definitely been granted? If the estate is not yet settled, you will need to get a copy Will from the Probate Office and I am not sure whether you can, if the Will is nothing to do with you.

If you are mentioned in the Will, then the Executor should give you a copy of the Will although I don't think they are legally obliged to.

OC

Comment

Working...
            X