Lowest price for Ancestry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowest price for Ancestry?

I've just found a way of getting a year's worldwide sub to ancestry for £97.86.

The sub will need to be done in 2 x 6 month lots as it's in a box of FTM 2010 Worldwide edition. I found this edition on amazon and set out to see if I could get it for any less.

Avanquest software who make FTM are selling the product for half price so if you order 2 of them you'll effectively have the year for just under £98 (P&P free) and also get the software thrown in.

You have to use the link provided in HotUkDeals website as if you go via quidco or topcashback, you can't get to the page with the 50% off; you only get 25%.

Also beware their 24hour sale code - it doesn't take another 25% off your basket, it actually puts the price back up to the same 25% you would have got via the cashback sites.

Here's the link to the site - you don't have to register. http://www.hotukdeals.com/
    Then enter family tree maker in the search box on the top right. The link to the offer is in the 2nd post by gillian107
    Last edited by GallowayLass; 28-12-09, 15:29. Reason: link needed fixing

Thank you - just realised my ancestry oz finishes beginning of Feb so have ordered 2 sets for £97.86. So will be able to get world wide for a year. brilliant

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

thanks for that, does anybody know if this is the cheapest possible way before I go ahead Thanks

Comment

I've not had World Wide before because it was so expensive - so think it probably is - as someone has mentioned how horrendous the ancestry oz renewal was going to be.

Researching Irish families: FARMER, McBRIDE McQUADE, McQUAID, KIRK, SANDS/SANAHAN (Cork), BARR,

Comment

Has anyone else noticed how much advertising Ancestry is doing on the TV? Are they feeling the pinch like most of us?

Comment

I can't find it for less even today JBee. I ordered mine the other day. They are closed for the hols and start delivering boxed products next Tuesday 4th according to the website. That suits me fine as will be back home by then. I've just followed the links a minute ago and the 50% offer still comes up.

I've no idea where the poster on HDUK found the deal, as if you go directly into the website the item is still full price, even the 25% off from the other day has gone now. Thank goodness she let the world know as it has saved me a fortune again this year.

Comment

Originally posted by fortuna View Post
              Has anyone else noticed how much advertising Ancestry is doing on the TV? Are they feeling the pinch like most of us?
              Probably paid for from the proceeds of their horribly high renewal fees!

I hope real beginners will find this forum first and ask advice as the adverts seem to imply that all one has to do is pay up, enter a small amount of info and hey presto, out will come your complete family history courtesy of the those nice, clever peeps at ancestry. Talk about giving people unrealistic expectations; they have obviously been taking lessons from that main channel genealogy TV programme that we all know and love...

Comment

Ancestry Canada has a 50% off offer for the worldwide subscription.
                With conversion, this equals about £107
                Problem with all these 'offers' is that if you use an existing email, it will not allow the offer, because of small print states "Not available for renewals", so if you have a large tree on Ancestry already, you will need to start again, because you cannot use an existing account
                (well that's how I read it)

Even with the software / 6 months access, offer it would mean changing accounts twice in 12 months.
                More of a problem if, like me, you use FTM, as it links to your existing Ancestry account when matching information.

Researching:
                FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Am I too late for this offer? I have gone through Hot Deals but it is coming up at £99.99 for six months.

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post

Even with the software / 6 months access, offer it would mean changing accounts twice in 12 months..
                    I believe that if you are using the freebie offer that comes with the FTM disc there is no need to change your email address. I have bought various versions of FTM - 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2010 and at least two, if not three of those, have come with a free one/three/six month Ancestry sub. I am using the same email address that I have always used.
                    Elaine

Comment

Thanks Elaine - I was beginning to think I would have to change my email addy. Mind you I didn't when I changed to the oz one.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrianne View Post
                        Am I too late for this offer? I have gone through Hot Deals but it is coming up at £99.99 for six months.

Researching:
                        FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

The canadian offer will give me access to the aussie records wont it?
                          Kit

Comment

Originally posted by TrevorFranklin View Post
                            Ancestry Canada has a 50% off offer for the worldwide subscription.
                            With conversion, this equals about £107
                            Using an online currency convertor I think it is more in the region of £89, in which case an even better offer.
                            Elaine

Comment

Many thanks Trevor, I will be signing up today.

Comment

Just ordered for six months the total is coming out at £50.00 now with the VAT increase to 17.5 %.
                                Still cheap for six months access to world, my Aus one runs out 18 Jan so will use this one for a further six months and see what is going then.

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                                  I believe that if you are using the freebie offer that comes with the FTM disc there is no need to change your email address. I have bought various versions of FTM - 2005, 2006, 2008 and 2010 and at least two, if not three of those, have come with a free one/three/six month Ancestry sub. I am using the same email address that I have always used.
                                  I've had a couple of these disc offers over the years and not had to change the email address. The disc offer is still available, I just had a peek to see.

Comment

Working...
                                  X