Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got fresh eyes please - 1881

This family is getting annoying now.

Alice Kattenhorn born 1879 in Hackney. Mother Elizabeth (nee Horstead), b 1846 Shoreditch. Father Richard Kattenhorn born 1847 Shoreditch - a French Polisher. Can find her birth reg and her marriage. But the 1881? Please anyone?

sorry, I can't find any of them

Comment

Sorry - had a look but just can't find them.
      herky
      Researching - Trimmer (Farringdon), Noble & Taylor (Ross and Cromarty), Norris (Glasgow), McGilvray (Glasgow and Australia), Leck & Efford (Glasgow), Ferrett (Hampshire), Jenkins & Williams (Aberystwyth), Morton (Motherwell and Tipton), Barrowman (Glasgow), Lilley (Bromsgrove and Glasgow), Cresswell (England and Lanarkshire). Simpson, Morrow and Norris in Ireland. Thomas Price b c 1844 Scotland.

Comment

Not that it helps, Heather, but is this her baptism?

Just wondering if it is an odd transcription of the name?
        Elaine

Comment

I can't find them either.
          Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Comment

Did he have other children?

and a brother called Frederick?

I have found this family but am not too sure..

Julie
            They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie - the family you found has a son called Richard which could be this baptism - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...j&bsk=&pgoff=3

Richard's second name - Dedrick - seems to match the first name of the brother listed in the household.
              Elaine

Comment

Originally posted by Elaine ..Spain View Post
                Julie - the family you found has a son called Richard which could be this baptism - http://search.ancestry.co.uk/cgi-bin...j&bsk=&pgoff=3

Richard's second name - Dedrick - seems to match the first name of the brother listed in the household.
                so is this the family then that she is looking for.. ??
                Julie

Comment

Many thanks guys. There seems to be quite a lot of matches in that weird one you kindly found - Im quite convinced, although, hmm, you would think they got the name Alice right wouldnt you. You must have worked hard to find that - very kind of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Darksecretz View Post
                    so is this the family then that she is looking for.. ??
                    No idea!!
                    Elaine

Comment

You know, the more I look at it, the more I feel this is the right people. The 16 year old daughter "Eliza" even fits with what should be step daughter Elizabeth. I hope this enumerator got the sack after his slip shod work Many many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                        You know, the more I look at it, the more I feel this is the right people. The 16 year old daughter "Eliza" even fits with what should be step daughter Elizabeth. I hope this enumerator got the sack after his slip shod work Many many thanks
                        maybe they called Alice "ellen" for some daft reason? like a pet name??

It just 'feels' right.. Heather.. I cant describe it, but I feel its the right people.. (this is where she sits and laffs her head off at me, cos she thinks i've lost it!!)

I just tried the search criteria one by one and found it...

I have had other family members that should be one name, but arent... so was pointless trying to look for them with their given name..

Dont suppose you have Alices birth cert Heather? to see if she had other names?
                        Julie

Comment

Hi Jules, no no birth cert - her birth reg gives just the one name, ditto the marriage cert. But the bloke was so bad writing stuff down then I suppose its very possible he did it wrong. The trouble with this lot is that there are a lot of Kattenhorns all the same family using the same names - especially variation of the Dedrick, Dederick, Deidric name. It seems to be nearly everyones middle or first name. And Im sure they use either when they want.

Comment

Originally posted by Heather Positive Thinker View Post
                            Hi Jules, no no birth cert - her birth reg gives just the one name, ditto the marriage cert. But the bloke was so bad writing stuff down then I suppose its very possible he did it wrong. The trouble with this lot is that there are a lot of Kattenhorns all the same family using the same names - especially variation of the Dedrick, Dederick, Deidric name. It seems to be nearly everyones middle or first name. And Im sure they use either when they want.
                            praps its just a case of mistranscription then? he said alice but the enumerator heard ellen?
                            Julie

Comment

Working...
                            X