LMA records - baptisms - tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA records - baptisms - tip

Im sure a lot of you will have already realised this - but whilst fiddling about trying to find children born to a couple in the east end, I inadvertenly left off the childs surname and just entered the name Richard in the first name.

I was surprised to see lots of records come up with the childs name given just as a first name - in most the parents are then named with their surname. Just a thought in case anyone is missing a childs baptism.
    Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 26-12-09, 22:41.

Thanks Heather, that's a good tip, I hadn't thought to do that and I have several baptisms missing.
    Jenny

Comment

Worth trying all sorts of search combinations. I found a baptism at St Leonards Shoreditch - a very busy church and I'd been through the records on microfilm at the Guildhall pre Ancestry to no avail. It was a daughter - her 12 brothers and sisters' baptisms I'd found, not hers. And why? Because instead of being listed as ROBINS she was written as ROBERTS. Of course searching on Ancestry with her first name and parents' names, I easily got it.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Working...
      X