• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancestry search just gone offline?

Have been using Ancestry all morning, but suddenly
    "search.Ancestry.co.uk is temporarily unavailable. "

Claims maintanance is ongoing
    Was right in the middle of a thread that was building a lost branch as well. :xmas_frown:

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

I have just lost ancestry as well
    Lin

Searching Lowe, Everitt, Hurt and Dunns in Nottingham

Comment

It's back up

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Has it gone again? :xmas_cry:

Comment

I've just come here to see if anyone else is having problems with Ancestry as ancestry.co.uk seems to be down. I can get into ancestry.com but trying to access any UK records that way is impossible - I just get an error message. Oh bother.....:xmas_mad::xmas_mad:

Ann
          ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
          Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

Yep!:xmas_mad:

Researching:

Comment

Working again, seems to be intermittent.

Comment

At least they've just been working long enough to let me find the death date I was looking for! Fingers crossed they stay online now.

Ann
                ".... thy memory shall be blest by the children of the children of thy child".
                Alfred, Lord Tennyson

Comment

I cant get on there

Comment

I'm really getting angry (want to use a lot stronger language ,but I'm a nice person -so won't on here!) with Ancestry-they seem to be off more than they are on --why not just close down for 24 hours for 'improvements' and credit us all with 1 day extra?Is that rocket science?--no chance !! 1 day x how many of us...that's a whole lot of money they'll be losing ....

Comment

I'm finding that you can search individual databases - if you can get at the links - but that the main search page is unavailable.

Christine
                      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I've been using Ancestry all afternoon and evening, with no problems at all.

Comment

Seems to be OK now. May be something to do with uploading new databases (e.g. the drunkards in Birmingham).

Christine
                          Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Working...
                          X