LMA Baptismal records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LMA Baptismal records

I have a record for someone on the LMA baptismal and the father was dead by the time he was baptised would his name have been on it. I can't find the death of the father and have looed for over 7 years:xmas_sign:

Margaret

The father's name (and occupation) is likely to be on the Baptism register, and usually annotated to indicate that he's dead.

Christine
    Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

If you provide details of date of baptism, how you know father was already dead, where you've looked for death etc perhaps others can help.
      ~ with love from Little Nell~
      Chowns, Dunt, Emms, Mealing, Purvey & Smoothy

Comment

Well my great grandfather's baptism has both his mother and father's name, his father died two months before lhe was born and there is nothing on the baptism to indicate this. I have my great great grandfather's death cert and burial location.

Having said that I have never found a birth registration for him so I don't know if they put it on that.

Comment

Originally posted by maggiemay View Post
          I have a record for someone on the LMA baptismal and the father was dead by the time he was baptised would his name have been on it. I can't find the death of the father and have looed for over 7 years:xmas_sign:

Margaret
          I'm a bit confused. Was there a father's name on the baptism?

Comment

Maggie yes the fathers name was on the baptismal record the child Albert Walter Poole was born in 1889 his father William died between then and the 1891 census as his wife Emma is down as a widow and she remarried in 1893. as I said I have looked for Williams death for over 7 years but it eludes me thanks

mARGARET

Comment

Do you know the father's occupation?

Edit to say: Actually what's his full name, approximate age and whereabouts did they live perhaps some of us could have a look to see if we can find his death or at least confirm that we can't the same as you.
              Last edited by Guest; 24-12-09, 19:02.

Comment

His name was William Poole he was born in 1831 he was a farm Lab. he is on the 1881 census with wife Emma and children Emma and Kate they were living in Edmonton Middlesex where his widow was still living in 1891 and the 2 youngest children were with her George age 9 and Albert aged 2. I have had a couple of wrong certificates that I have bought. I did not think that a death could go unregistered between 1889 and 1891.

Margaret

Comment

Ahhh I see there is only a small time frame in which he could have died because of Alberts birth, a bit like mine, took me a few years to pin my one down because he died just before the birth of his son!

Edmonton, Middlesex - Farm Labourer! Would there be farms there even in 1881!

Edit to say: what month in 1889 was Albert born?
                  Last edited by Guest; 24-12-09, 19:53.

Comment

Albert was born in the January of 1889 and was baptised in the December 1989. and as I said William his father had died by the 1891 census. He may not have worked in Edmonton or he might have changed jobs all I know is for 7 years I have looked for his death and can't find it. When Emma remarried in 1993 Williams brother was a witness to the marriage thanks
                    Margaret

Comment

Originally posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
                      Edmonton, Middlesex - Farm Labourer! Would there be farms there even in 1881!
                      Yes, certainly.

Comment

Working...
                      X