Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have Ancestry access to passenger lists?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have Ancestry access to passenger lists?

I have a Gt Gt Uncle called Arthur John Poole, born c1887 in Malmesbury.
    I know he emigrated to Canada, but have not found when.

I have seen that there are some passenger list entries on Ancestry, but my subscription does not give me access to these records.

One is Arthur John Poole landing at Portland Main
    The other is landing at New York (I expect this is his).

His brother William, also went to Canada, but I am not sure if it was at the same time.
    They ultimately settled in Regina Canada.

Hoping someone can help

:xmas_biggrin:

Researching:
    FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

HI

What is the last know time frame you have him in England on home soil so to speak?
    WendyP

Comment

All I know is that he left post 1920, after his father dies

Researching:
      FRANKLIN (Harrow/Pinner 1700 to 1850); PURSGLOVE (ALL Southern counties of England); POOLE (Tetbury/Malmesbury and surrounding areas of Gloucestershire and Wiltshire (1650 to 1900); READ London/Suffolk

Comment

Hi

I've found in the 1916 Saskatchewan census one Arthur John Poole bn England states he was 26 single and was a Labourer lodging in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan with a family going by the name of Berry who were born in Ontario so no family connection there.

Image show his immigration year as 1911
        WendyP

Comment

Originally posted by WendyP View Post
          Hi

I've found in the 1916 Saskatchewan census one Arthur John Poole bn England states he was 26 single and was a Labourer lodging in Moose Jaw Saskatchewan with a family going by the name of Berry who were born in Ontario so no family connection there.

Image show his immigration year as 1911
          Could be him after all.
          I was led to believe by my grandmother (before she passed), that he had left after the death of his father, but it could be wrong. (You know what these family whispers are).
          This is the correct area of where he settled and purchased a farm, so could be him.

Does it tie up with any passenger lists around this time?

Researching:

Comment

I searched the 1901 census and found your Arthur J Poole with possible parents Dad Denis and mum Rosa would this be the correct family?

Only asking as I searched the next census that being the 1911 and found there was no Arthur Poole visible given those birth details but I did find Denis and Rosa.

I've not found a likley passenger record for him yet.
            WendyP

Comment

Hi Wendy,
              That is the correct group on the 1901, Denis died in 1916 in Malmesbury, I have not confirmed the death of Rosa yet.

They were my Gt Grandparents.
              They had 9 children

Researching:

Comment

think I have found him on a passenger list hang on

Comment

yes says born Malmesbury have pmd you

Comment

Thanks Val

It was the Portland Main entry after all.:xmas_yes:

Researching:

Comment

I think I have come across his brother William's emigration on Ancestry
                      William Alfred Poole
                      Born 1896 in Malmesbury Glos

Listed on Canada Ocean Arrivals (Form 30A) 1919-1924
                      Landing at Halifax Nova Scotia.

If this is him, it will be where the confusion of "post 1920 emigration" I was told by my Grandmother, as it would have been William emigrating after his brother Arthur.

and again ask if some one can have a look for me?
                      :xmas_wink:

Researching:

Comment

HI

Yes you've got the right man. He travelled on 23rd March 1922 arriving in Nova Scotia 22nd April.

This is confirmed as he names his mum as Rosa being his nearest relative in the country that he intends to leave and then names his brother AJ Poole.

If you want a copy then please send me a PM plea with your email addy included.
                        WendyP

Comment

Working...
                        X