On-line Irish parish Records

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On-line Irish parish Records

Just found this website. Still adding more records, so not complete as yet. Best thing is, it's FREE!!!!

Irish Genealogy

Am so happy as I have just found my GG Grandmother's baptism record which proves I have the right family.:xmas_yes::xmas_yes::xmas_yes:
    Last edited by WendyPusey; 24-12-09, 09:07. Reason: added It's FREE.
    Wendy

PLEASE SCAN AT 300-600 DPI FOR RESTORATION PURPOSES. THANK YOU!

Thanks Wendy. My dad's family from Churchtown, Cork are not featured yet. But I've bookmarked the site and will check every few weeks.
    Those who were seen dancing, were thought to be insane, by those who could not hear the music.

Comment

Yes Peter, I have my GG Grandmother's siblings born in Queenstown, Co Cork, so will keep popping in to check.
      Wendy

Comment

OHs GGF is from Queenstown Cork. He was in the British Navy, so Im assuming he was a protestant.

Comment

Heather: Never assume anything! My father was from Cork and joined the Navy at Cobh and he was RC.

Wendy a very useful website on which to keep one's eye open. I had it in my favourites but there is now a different website so thanks for that!

E mail received this morning for those interested:

Tuesday 22nd Dec 2009

New Records Added to the Online Database

The Irish Family History Foundation is pleased to announce that some of its member centres are making further records available to search and purchase online. As part of its reinvestment in completing additional records by its county genealogy centres, various updates and corrections have been applied and a total of over 230,000 new records have been added, including:

Co. Antrim
          25,000 Church of Ireland birth records
          Co. Armagh
          almost 2,000 records from the 1821 census records
          Co. Down
          3000 Church of Ireland birth records
          Co. Leitrim
          18,000 birth records
          7,000 marriage records
          54,000 census records
          Co. Mayo
          42,000 baptismal records,
          25,000 marriages
          3,500 deaths
          28,000 census records
          Co. Cork
          11,000 births
          4,000 marriages
          21,000 Gravestone inscriptions
          9,000 census
          New counties coming online in 2010

We are working towards making the records of Counties Laois, Offaly and Wexford available on the site in early 2010. You will be notified by email when these are available.

Web Site name change - RootsIreland.ie

We have given the website a new domain name - Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation
          This will hopefully help people find us more easily. Note that the old name Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation will continue to work, but will be phased out over time..

Happy Christmas

The Irish Family History Foundation would like to take this opportunity to wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. We thank you for your continued support.

Please note that Birth Death Marriage Genealogy Records Ireland - Irish Family History Foundation website will function as normal over the holiday period but there will be no support for e-mail from December 24th to January 3rd. All emails and queries will be answered in due course.

Search Irish Family History records online: parish registers; church records; Roman Catholic and Protestant. Irish Family History Foundation online research service for the 32 county genealogy centres throughout Ireland. Largest online Irish Genealogy records database for 32 counties. Ireland ancestry, baptismal, birth, marriage, death, census, gravestone, Griffith Valuations, Tithes, ships passenger lists records. Family History research provided by centres.

Janet
          Last edited by Janet; 23-12-09, 15:32.

Comment

Thanks Wendy. My family is from Kerry, so lots to think about there....still trying to draw the branches together, but this latest release is helping to piece together a tentative family.

Beverley

Comment

Thanks. I see that it has C of I records as well as RC.

Christine
              Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

I was a bit surprised that the Irish Family History Foundation, although they let you search their data base free, ( I had 56 hits for a birth I was looking for) asked for 5 euros for each record. Looks an excellent site if you can afford it.:xmas_confused:
                Linda - Happy Hunting

A tidy house is the sign of a broken computer

Researching: Brown, Bell, Key and Musgrave from Cumberland. Dodds, Green, Campbell, Hall, Armstrong, Davison from Co. Durham. Raymond from Devon/Cornwall.

Comment

Linda

Totally agree! Can't find any of mine on there, yet I have found them in National Library Dublin!!

Janet

Comment

Originally posted by Linda from Murton View Post
                    I was a bit surprised that the Irish Family History Foundation, although they let you search their data base free, ( I had 56 hits for a birth I was looking for) asked for 5 euros for each record. Looks an excellent site if you can afford it.:xmas_confused:

Yes that site is expensive!!!

The one I went on (see link in post 1) is FREE!!!!:xmas_yes::xmas_yes:

Only a few entries at the moment, but more will be added later.
                    Wendy

Comment

***********dances through thread************

I found my gg grandfather.

Thank you thank you thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X