Help please 1901 census

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help please 1901 census

I have a Beatrice Alice Wond birth 6.1.1899, LMA records show parents William and Sarah living 18 Ralph Street Southwark. 25.12. 1919 she marries Frank (Francis William) Dixon in Rotherhithe. Again father shown as William Wond, carman.

Now I wanted to find her on the 1901 but the only likely census is with parents William and Sarah living in Southwark but:

William Wond 24
    Sarah Wond 23
    Bertie Wond 2
    William Wond 1

Now I have looked at the image and the above Bertie whom I expected to see written as Beatrice definitely says Bertie and the male box is ticked :( Should I accept the enumerator got it wrong or is this a different family?? I cant remember the ruse for finding names on the 1911. If anyone can - please dont spend money on units - Id be grateful.

Deaths Dec 1901

Wond Sarah 24 Southwark 1d 73

Comment

Hi Heather - the only Beatrice Wond I can find in 1911 with a similar birth is - Beatrice Wond born 1897 (aged 14) in an institution in Croydon Surrey.
      Chrissie passed away in January 2020.

Comment

Many thanks guys, I am thinking Beatrice must be the girl in the Workhouse School then. And I think it MUST be her in that 1901 and the enumerator got it wrong and the name was entered originally as Beattie
        Last edited by Heather Positive Thinker; 21-12-09, 22:46.

Comment

Working...
        X