Brighton History Centre Update

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brighton History Centre Update

The link below is from a great site I visit regularly called 'My Brighton and Hove'. If the link doesn't work, just google the site name and follow 'see what's new'
    My Brighton and Hove | Topics | Local history resources | Plans to shut Brighton History Centre

Regards
    Allan

Thanks Allan, will keep watching. I see the council are also proposing to cut opening hours at the Booth Museum too, another "easy" target.

Comment

Plymouth and West Devon Archives is under a similar threat.

It would be good to think that some more efficient use of funds could resolve the book-balancing problems, when people also need other desperately important services, too.

I can't imagine that either service would be readily restored once the expert staff have been dispersed.

Christine
      Researching: BENNETT (Leics/Birmingham-ish) - incl. Leonard BENNETT in Detroit & Florida ; WARR/WOR, STRATFORD & GARDNER/GARNAR (Oxon); CHRISTMAS, RUSSELL, PAFOOT/PAFFORD (Hants); BIGWOOD, HAYLER/HAILOR (Sussex); LANCASTER (Beds, Berks, Wilts) - plus - COCKS (Spitalfields, Liverpool, Plymouth); RUSE/ROWSE, TREMEER, WADLIN(G)/WADLETON (Devonport, E Cornwall); GOULD (S Devon); CHAPMAN, HALL/HOLE, HORN (N Devon); BARRON, SCANTLEBURY (Mevagissey)...

Comment

Yes Jill. The Booth has been targetted for many years but always seems to survive.

I could bore you all for hours with the subject of Local Government finance but the key thing everyone has to remember is that Councils receive less from the Government in real terms each year and are prevented from raising more locally. This means that every year there are major cuts that need making in all budgets. Feel free to badger the Councillors but the Chancellor and PM are equally if not more to blame for putting them in the corner in the first place.
        Last edited by Allan; 21-12-09, 12:54.

Comment

Brighton History Centre - here is the e-petition to sign

Active ePetitions - Brighton & Hove City Council

only 9 signatures so far:xmas_frown:

Comment

Still only 26. Help please people
            Thanks

Comment

Signed yesterday, but still only 30 signatures

Comment

Working...