Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The winner of WDWTYA 19th December 2009 is.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The winner of WDWTYA 19th December 2009 is.........

beddaubell

Well done i hope you get some brick walls broken down. Due to it being close to christmas we will keep this running until Thursday 31st December.
    Jen

Hi ,everyone,I am looking for my 4x grandfather Samuel Coleman born around 1780 in I believe Norwich ,he married Gimmya Martins in 1806 again in Norwich ,they then moved to Warminster where their 2 children were born 1807 and 1809 .there is no trace of him afterwards ,in the 1841 census Gimmya or Jemima was of independent means ,and living with her daughter Mary Price ,I find her in the 1871 census as a widow but cannot find her in the 1851 and 1861 census ,
    cath

Comment

1861 census
      RG9; Piece: 1304; Folio: 18; Page: 30
      - Ancestry.co.uk

Transcribed on Ancestry as Jemima Colman, born 1787 Corsey, Nofolk. Living in Warminster with Seth & Maria Grist and their 1 week old daughter Rose. Jemima's occupation given as Nurse.
      Elaine

Comment

Yes thats her ,thanks very much,thats a couple of bricks down from my wall, cath

Comment

There is a death for Samuel Colman in the June Qtr 1841 the death registered in Tunstead could this be your Samuel ?

Comment

In 1851 she is in Warminster:
            RG number: HO107 Piece:1843 Folio:109 Page:15

With William & Mary Price and family. She is listed as mother-in-law.

Transcript to follow.

scuda
            Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

1851 details:

Fore Street, Warminster, Wilts. All born Warminster apart from Jemima (b Corsey, Norfolk)

William Price Head M 43 Chaf Cutter
              Mary Price Wife M 42 Laundress
              Charles Price Son U 22 Porter
              Ann Price Daughter 16 House Servant
              Ellen Price Daughter 18 Laundress
              Harriett Price Daughter 12 Dress Maker
              Elizabeth Price Daughter 9 Scholar
              Emily Price Daughter 4 Scholar
              William Coleman Price Son 1
              Jemima Coleman Mother in Law W 65 Nurse

scuda
              Pitman / Pittman in North Glos (Didbrook, Prestbury, Longhope, Tewkesbury, Stow, Cirencester, etc), London & Australia

Comment

I can't find this 1851 entry on Ancestry however I search. If you need the image let me know.

scuda

PS I don't think it's mistranscribed, it just doesn't seem to be there.
                Last edited by scuda; 25-12-09, 11:11.

Comment

marvellous ,thats her ,Elaine has found her in the 1861 census,she lived to be a good age.My theory on Samuel is for them to move from Norwich to Warminster in those days was a huge undertaking,did he join the Militia? as Warminster was a garrison town,or the army and maybe he was killed somewhere,I dont know,or did he leave jemima and go back to Norwich.Thanks very much everyone ,this is great .cath

Comment

Working...
                  X