Where would this Birth be registered?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where would this Birth be registered?

Richard Sidney Robinson aged 5 in Occold Suffolk according to the 1911 Census
    Parents dubious William Victor Robinson and Rosanna ,as we think he was not ther son ?

Registration district for Occold is Hartismere
    Elaine

Comment

I can´t see a possible birth registration.
      Can´t even see the family in the 1911 census at the moment!
      How long had the parents been married?
      Elaine

Comment

There is a offord in Suffolk could it be an error?
        GWEN

Comment

Where does the Richard come from?
          Have found Sidney born 1906 Occold, with parents William and Rosanna - living in Whitechapel.

Could this be the marriage
          Marriages Mar 1909
          LUMMIS Rosanna
          ROBINSON William Augustus
          Whitechapel 1c 271

and this the birth registration for Sidney
          Sidney Dunton Lummis
          1906 Jan-Feb-Mar
          Hartismere volume 4a, page 1011

.. or have I got the wrong family!
          Elaine

Comment

hi and thanks very much Gwen and Elaine
            thats the marriage yes Elaine but thats my problem they were married after he and his sister Janet were born and I have his marriage cert and it says his father is William Victor Robinson?
            I am wondering now if he was born to Rosanna before she married ??? that would make sense.
            I do know that Richard Sidney was a Guardsman at The Tower of London which is where they are living in 1911 have been in touch with a contact who seems to think that he is not their child???
            Thanks again will have another look after Dinner
            Last edited by Guest; 19-12-09, 16:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Val wish Id never started View Post
              hi and thanks very much Gwen and Elaine
              thats the marriage yes Elaine but thats my problem they were married after he and his sister Janet were born and I have his marriage cert and it says his father is William Victor Robinson?
              I am wondering now if he was born to Rosanna before she married ??? that would make sense.
              I do know that Richard Sidney was a Guardsman at The Tower of London which is where they are living in 1911 have been in touch with a contact who seems to think that he is not their child???
              Thanks again will have another look after Dinner
              Sidney was my father and he was just Sidney, no middle name (although I don't have a copy of his birth certificate yet - on order). Janet was from William Augustus's previous marriage; his first wife died in 1904 so Sidney is the child of William and Rosanna Lummis (called Rose Ann Lummes in the 1901 census). I think they must have got married when their second child was on the way. The Suffolk connection is through Rosanna, whose family were from that area - William had no previous connection.

Comment

hello Fred thanks for your post , since this thread I have found his parents and was following the wrong family, good luck with your research

Comment

Working...
                X