Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could someone improve my great-grandparents' wedding photo, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could someone improve my great-grandparents' wedding photo, please?

Could someone please work their magic on this family group? My great-grandparents' wedding in 1891.
    Elizabeth
    Research Interests:
    England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
    Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

sorry this is the best i could up with, sure someone will be able to do better

]Please note that images I restore are only temporarily kept on photobucket

[/B]FOR RESTORATIONS PLEASE SCAN ALL PICS AT 300-600 dpi

ALAN

Comment

Alan, thank you for your commendable effort - it is a great improvement. :xmas_smile:

I have a new printer/scanner so I might dig out the original and try a re-scan if it is too difficult for you clever people to get a better result.

I'm hoping to get it clear enough to identify the guests - unfortunately my dear Mum isn't around to help.
      Elizabeth
      Research Interests:
      England:Purkis, Stilwell, Quintrell, White (Surrey - Guildford), Jeffcoat, Bond, Alexander, Lamb, Newton (Lincolnshire, Stalybridge, London)
      Scotland:Richardson (Banffshire), Wishart (Kincardineshire), Johnston (Kincardineshire)

Comment

Elizabeth,

if you could rescan it that would be brilliant.. this is only 16kb I have made it bit bigger, but the quality isnt brilliant.

Julie
        They're coming to take me away haha hee hee..........

.......I find dead people

Comment

Julie, that is brilliant!

I have dug out the photo and it's almost as if it too were a copy. It's not very big. But, big bonus, my mum has written the names of all the people in their positions on a separate sheet of paper - but there are 5 she didn't know.

I will re-scan it when I learn how to use the scanner of my new computer set-up properly. :xmas_frown: It's not compatible at present - needs a tweak and probably my b-i-l to sort it out!

This, for the record, is Ada Quintrell from Portsea/Southsea marrying Herbert Edward White from Guildford. Her father with the white beard is sitting beside her and is John Quintrell, Master of the Workhouse at Portsea Island. Her father-in-law William Edward White of W.E. White & Son (drapers) of Guildford High Street is at the other end.
          Elizabeth
          Research Interests:

Comment

Working...
          X